PDA

View Full Version : TTC commercials

Ronaldo
01-16-2005, 09:21 AM
This may be a mindless post but ever wonder why on a channel devoted to tennis, guaranteed to reach your target audience, no tennis retailer or manufacturer other than Wilson seems to have an ad or commercial.

Craig Sheppard
01-16-2005, 12:36 PM
And how cheesy are the Wilson ones?!!

How come they don't show any of the players actually using the stick? Car commercials...oh look, there's a car driving down a road. Tennis commercials? There's Venus standing somewhere saying "get ncoded". yay.

More seriously, I think it's rather a new medium for them... but wait, haven't tennis matches been broadcast for years? How come you never see racquet commercials during any of the major tournaments?

For that matter, how come Nike or Adidas don't have any commercials of Fed or anyone else? Used to see Andre and Mac commercials all the time in the '80s/early '90s.

The tennis industry befuddles me.

Craig

Ronaldo
01-16-2005, 01:52 PM
Craig, what absolutely slays me is that local tennis clubs have pre-adult league fashion nites to pick team outfits. So the fashion demand is there. Always envied the ladies, they have potluck practices and matches. We can't scrounge up $5/head for brew.