PDA

View Full Version : Prince TT Warrior MP

Michael Moss
03-25-2004, 01:36 PM
Any comments on how this stick plays? I like the specs on it but not too crazy about the light weight....lead tape perhaps?

tschevap
03-25-2004, 02:47 PM
Hi!
I played with a lot of players sticks before switching to the Warrior: RD7, Prestige Classic, PS 6.0 85, POG OS!

The Warrior feels heavier than it actually is! It plays very manuverable and is very good for developing spin!

I havenīt played a stick yet, that gives me so much spin in tight situations on my singlehanded backhand! Now short cross spinballs are no more of a problem!

I developed to an allcourt/s&v player as the Warrior is unbelievable at the net! I know: it is the player, who hits the ball - but still: the racket can help you a little...
and this is, what the Warrior does - it helps my game!

As the players sticks i mentioned before gave me absolute control, they also demanded full attention and a perfect stroke - in a long match big points decide games - since i have this a little more forgiving frame i hit balls, i never hit before - it is amazing!

Serving is something you will have to change! I was a big server especially with the Head Prestige! Now i am a finesse server - i still hit aces, but with almost half of the pace i hit before! I can control the ball much better by adding lots of spin! All my partners on court, who know me from old Prestige time said, that my serve is even better now! They never now, which spin is coming up this time!

It is a great frame! At a great price - go and get you some! I have seven of them and i know, this is the frame i was searching for!

Just for you as a comparison: i play in higher leagues in Germany - something like 5.5-6.0 in the american system!

If you have more questions, write me a PM

Tomi

KFwinds
03-25-2004, 02:55 PM
Michael, I've got one of these that I pull out for fun now and then - I think it's a great stick, and it swings heavier than the specs would reveal. I don't use mine as my "game" stick only because I like the control of a thinner beam and a more head-light balance. I do have about 6 grams of lead under the grip. I use this racquet occasionally in doubles matches, and I have nicknamed it the "Netmaster", since this stick is an unstoppable volley machine! Great serves, awesome spin (especially slice backhands). If you have never tried a TT Warrior MP, treat yourself; you can't go wrong at the price they are going for now. And one more thing - make sure to string this baby above 60lbs, or you will get the "trampoline" thing happening. This sucker has plenty of pop. Mine is strung at 62lbs. with Gosen JC 17g. Hope this helps!

-Kevin Flanagan

Michael Moss
03-26-2004, 07:09 AM
Thanks for the input....I currently use RD-7 and I love the control but my sticks are really getting beat up and I'm looking for a change after about 5-6 years....considering the Warrior or the Vokyl C10 Pro.