PDA

View Full Version : Grip size difference: Head vs Wilson

cys19
05-27-2008, 08:10 PM
The Head grip size feels smaller than Wilson's grip size. For Head players, do you go one size smaller when buying a Wilson?

[d]ragon
05-27-2008, 08:42 PM
i think it might be the the rectangular shape that makes a HEAD grip feel smaller than a wilsons even though they;re both the same size

cys19
05-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Well I'm interested in other HEAD players' preferences to compensate for the missing rectangular shape in Wilsons. I personally feel that the rectangular shape allows me to pronate my arm more easily, so I was just wondering if a smaller Wilson grip could mimic that shape a little bit better.

tennisguy7482
05-28-2008, 04:22 AM
Well I'm interested in other HEAD players' preferences to compensate for the missing rectangular shape in Wilsons. I personally feel that the rectangular shape allows me to pronate my arm more easily, so I was just wondering if a smaller Wilson grip could mimic that shape a little bit better.

i keep the same grip size. but thats me

goosala
05-28-2008, 05:13 AM
Wilson grips are octagonal while Head grips are retangular in shape.

Blade0324
05-28-2008, 06:20 AM
I am a Head player but personally feel like the Head grips seem larger than the Wilsons of the same size. Also I prefer the feel of the Wilson shape so I have sent my frames to RPNY and had Wilson pallets put on them. Just my $.02

Nellie
05-28-2008, 08:03 AM
For me, it depends on the model - I have had to down size when demoing the k95, but used my regular head size when trying out the Ktour

diadorakuerten
11-12-2011, 07:21 PM
I am a Head player but personally feel like the Head grips seem larger than the Wilsons of the same size. Also I prefer the feel of the Wilson shape so I have sent my frames to RPNY and had Wilson pallets put on them. Just my $.02

How much did that cost you?

Roadway
11-13-2011, 03:33 AM
I feel Head's grip smaller than Wilson's too although I know that is my illusion.

Arize
11-14-2011, 11:34 PM
I have changed my pallets 100 times on my head i.prestiges and I now use L3 TK82S... When trying some of my stock frames in regular head L3 pallets they do feel a little bigger, if you use a SW grip I wouldn't change the size but if you play with a western grip then it may be better to drop 1 in size. There isn't much difference in the sizes but depending on the grip that you use it may bother you more and you would have to figure it out for yourself.

jedd
11-15-2011, 02:58 PM

same. after switching from head wilson seemed smaller.

Fuji
11-15-2011, 06:55 PM
It depends on your grip I find. With Head pallets, if you hold a full western, the grip is HUGE! Anything else, it's a bit smaller. Wilson is a pretty universal grip for me, and it's the same size on all bevels to my knowledge. :)

-Fuji

The Djoker
11-15-2011, 09:04 PM
thay both have L2 through L5 generally. maybe exceptions, i dunno