PDA

View Full Version : Good 300g Rackets?

05-28-2008, 10:19 AM
Hi,
Im maybe looking into getting a lighter racket, around 300g-310g.
What rackets would you recommend? Lots of feel, quite a bit of power and a SW around 300-320g

So far ive looked into the Wilson Npro Open but its shortly being discounted

Thanks for any replies

VGP
05-28-2008, 10:29 AM
What about the Dunlop 300g?

(just had to throw that one in.....)

nickb
05-28-2008, 11:14 AM
LOL...yep try the M-Fil and Aerogel 300...the 16x18 is nicer than the regular Aerogel 300. Also the K Blade 98 (but its low powered as you know). Not many light rackets will have a lot of feel.

Nick

0d1n
05-28-2008, 12:03 PM
LOL...yep try the M-Fil and Aerogel 300...the 16x18 is nicer than the regular Aerogel 300. Also the K Blade 98 (but its low powered as you know). Not many light rackets will have a lot of feel.

Nick

Nick ... if you played both ... how do you think the AG 300 and M-Fil 300 compare ??
Similarities ... differences?? Which one did you prefer ?? (I'm talking about the default AG 300 ... the 16x19 one).

0d1n
05-29-2008, 05:54 AM
I know there are countless comparisons about those 2 rackets in the huge Mfil 300 thread ... but I'm interested in your view on this issue since we seem to share some common opinions on other rackets (except the dnx10 mid which you hated and I liked :D), and we have a similarly attacking playing style with a 1 h bh (even though I play mostly on clay and S&V isn't really a successful tactic unless used to "mix things up" :) ).

nickb
05-29-2008, 05:57 AM
I know there are countless comparisons about those 2 rackets in the huge Mfil 300 thread ... but I'm interested in your view on this issue since we seem to share some common opinions on other rackets (except the dnx10 mid which you hated and I liked :D), and we have a similarly attacking playing style with a 1 h bh (even though I play mostly on clay and S&V isn't really a successful tactic unless used to "mix things up" :) ).

Hi,

I like both but would take the AG300 over the M-fil. The M-Fil always felt a little tinny and just not very solid to me. The AG plays a little more solid with more feel and less tinnyness. I found similar power and spin with both. I think I just liked the balance and ball feel of the AG. They are very similar. I have 2 of the 16x18 frames (320g) that my Dad now uses...they are much better than any 300 frame IMO...nice and solid.

Nick

0d1n
05-29-2008, 06:12 AM
Hi,

I like both but would take the AG300 over the M-fil. The M-Fil always felt a little tinny and just not very solid to me. The AG plays a little more solid with more feel and less tinnyness. I found similar power and spin with both. I think I just liked the balance and ball feel of the AG. They are very similar. I have 2 of the 16x18 frames (320g) that my Dad now uses...they are much better than any 300 frame IMO...nice and solid.

Nick

Thanks for your feedback. I think I've read somewhere that you hated the LM Radical. I've played enough with that racket to form an opinion, and like you I tested the 320 grams version of the AG 300, but never the "standard" or the MFil.
I liked the results I was seeing from the Radical (for a racket in that category) but I wasn't crazy about the "metallic (heh)" feel.
If you would compare the mfil/ag to the LM what did you find different besides the obvious (string pattern ...). Was it just the feel that you disliked in the LM or it was other things as well ???
Also ... did you have the chance to hit with the T-Fight series (295-320) ?? The reason I'm asking is because I've also read about those that they can have quite a "tinny", "metallic" feel. I'm interested in the tfight 295 mostly as an alternative to the radical/300 series for recommending to friends.
Thanks in advance.

nickb
05-29-2008, 07:34 AM
IMO the LM Radical has no ball feel and plays like a tin can. I couldnt hit any spin with that thing and it hurt my arm (64 stiffness, light and dense pattern). I really just dislike the LM Radical...the Microgel however I really like and could happily use...I think the lower flex and different composition make the world of difference. The LM rad is very different to the AG300...I find more feel, spin, power and control with the dunlops...they are far superior for my game....the only good thing I can think of is the LM is very cheap!

I have never used the 295 tecnifibre..only the 335. I think most the lighter rackets do have that tinny feel. One light frame that I really would reccomend is the Wilson K Blade 98...I own one and think its a fantastic racket....really great at net...does everything well...main good point is it has good ball feel with little to no tinnyness.

Nick

urbo73
05-30-2008, 05:54 AM
I'd recommend the Wilson K Pro Open. It's what I ended up with after a long, long searching/demoing journey.

Alexio92
05-30-2008, 05:57 AM
I am currently using a prince triple threat midplus bandit, leaded up to 300g with it all in the handle.

Its amazingly good!

DomStar7
06-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Kblade team ;)

jokes
k tour