PDA

View Full Version : dunlop 500g tour or head microgel prestige Pro

pwnxor
05-28-2008, 01:27 PM
I demoed the dunlop 500 tour but i do not know the feeling of the head microgel prestige.

I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on whihc racquet to get and what each racquet is good for.

If there is anyone who has demoed botyh racquets, can you please compare the racquets for me?
Thank You

I would also like to know about the head racquet grips, are they really different from other grip shapes?

Thank You

Blade0324
05-28-2008, 01:34 PM
I have used both and these are 2 very different feeling racquets IMO. The head is much more stable, has much more control and offers better spin. The one thing the dunlop has going for it is that it does have alot of power. Too much if you ask me. I'm not sure what kind of player you are and don't get me wrong, the dunlop is not a bad frame at all just not really in the same category and the MGPP.

Miami Tiburon
05-28-2008, 01:43 PM
I have tried the Dunlop 500 tour and the Head Microgel extreme.Those two racquets are very similiar I have not tried the Microgel prestige.I had a hard time deciding between the Head or the Dunlop because they played so similiar.I got more feel and comfort with the Dunlop and ended up buying it.I leaded up my Dunlop tour to about 12.00 oz it plays awesome strung tight at 63 lbs.

Chicken Neck
05-28-2008, 01:53 PM
I have owned both of these racquets and I do, in fact, still own the AG 500 Tour. These are both fine frames but as the poster above stated they are not at all similar. The Dunlop is almost evenly balanced whereas the Head is head light, the Dunlop is quite powerful and the Head less so. One thing that I disagree with the above poster on is that I found the Head to be very unstabe and the Dunlop to be rock solid. All this being said I think that if you have any sort of arm or shoulder problem, that it could be exacerbated by the stiffness of the Dunlop. I love the AG 500 Tour but prior to using it I never had any arm problems whatsoever and now when I use it I get quite a bit of elbow discomfort.

pwnxor
05-28-2008, 02:01 PM
I have also heard many people experiencing elbow problems due to the stiffness so i wanted to buy the head racquets because they got great reviews.

Just to inform people, my play style is a baseliner and I have no problem generating my own power, but I might want some more control and spin to control my power.

I also tried demoing the 500g tour and I experinced some pain in my elbow and a little bit of wrist

pwnxor
05-28-2008, 04:50 PM
Bump.................

pwnxor
05-29-2008, 07:19 AM
Bump..............

blackfrido
05-29-2008, 07:36 AM
it's been answer already, you can't compare apples and oranges