PDA

View Full Version : made in Austria LM Radical's

hyogen
05-28-2008, 02:02 PM
I just bought a LM Radical that is made in austria. I can't tell by the racquet, but there was no made in china sticker on the buttcap. 9.5 condition or higher and strung with Ashaway poly strings.

The guy who was working at the pro shop said his coach got them because he had connections and got racquets for free that were made for Pros...or something like that.

I didn't even ask him anything about it--was just looking at them so he didn't have any reason to lie I don't think. He said he tried them out--his coach got them for him. He plays for the University of Hawaii. seemed to know a lot about racquets :o

He had matched 3 of the racquets and not touched the 4th. When I bought it and opened up the grip, there was a REALLY NEAT and PERFECT wrapping of lead tape completely covering the handle. LOL. I haven't seen that much lead before and so well done with no gaps...using about 1cm wide tape.

I might go back and get the other 2 that are matched to this one, but then again the racquet feels a little too harsh for my dying wrist.

What do you guys think? do you think they are made in Austria? He says they were made for the pros--and I gave him no reason to even tell me about that.

fortunecookiesjc
05-28-2008, 02:08 PM
The white/silver buttcaps tells you its made in austria
I currently have two LM radicals and they are very very nice to play with.

One is stock with leather grip. The other very heavily taped up with leather and filled in hollow grip.

My coach actually uses the stock one right now and he thinks its one of the most amazing racquets hes ever used.

hyogen
05-28-2008, 02:10 PM
huh..not sure if that's what the buttcap looks like. from waht I remember (it's in my car). it's the normal black butcap that's surrounded by grey plastic..

I still think he wasn't lying though. If not, I basically bought a SLIGHTLY used LM radical for less than what I can buy it new now. oh well.

BTW, can you imagine having the entire grip wrapped with a single layer of lead tape?

What do you do for customizing your LM radical? thanks

fortunecookiesjc
05-28-2008, 02:16 PM
My racquet is soo heavly leaded

its like 15 grams in the throat
8 grams at 3/9 though i may need to take some off to get back maneuverability/balance

2 grams on the handle
2 grams inside the handle and stuffed with cotton balls

Its got good weight and im now able to return some of the heavy servers of our team now lol

fortunecookiesjc
05-28-2008, 04:13 PM
Now actually i just changed it and it feels like it swings a lot better.

4 grams 3/9
8grams on handle took out the cotton i guess there was something form the racquet that made it rattle? I took the cap off and whacked it on the ground until i didnt hear it anymore.

but a new leather grip and than a wilson pro on it.

bertrevert
05-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Theese are way better than the China ones and I remember I could quite truly and quailtatively feel the difference. I'm not trying to be elitist. It was just there to be suer and I sold my china one but kept hold of the Austrian. Unfortuantely the thin cardboard-platic buttcap disk easily falls off (especially if you muck around putting lead inside) so re-glue those if you want to keep them. They came with a tiny sticker saying "made in" that also promptly fell off. I don't have a China one but I remember the disk of the Austrian one. Anyway I'll keep hold of this forever as it's been good to me. Mod it and change it but despite the bad press it was a perfectly adequate and ncie racq.