PDA

View Full Version : Weird...ANyone elsE?

2nd_Serve
05-28-2008, 07:29 PM
Has anyone else noticed that if you put lead tape on the handle, then you get more control? Of course I balanced it out by putting weight on the hoop.

BullDogTennis
05-28-2008, 07:32 PM
have you ever noticed when you buy rackets that are head light there more control oriented?

but yes, its talked about ALOT on these forums, people also say the racquet becomes more manueverable

2nd_Serve
06-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Yeah. Thats actually why I wanted to try it out. And your thought on saying, where its more headlight then it offers more control. I wouldn't say thats exactly true. I remember the power angle rackets in TW. I don't think they offered nearly as much control as the K90, Prestige, or Redendo. And the Power Angle racket were measured at 12 points HL.

2nd_Serve
06-03-2008, 06:01 PM
I wouldn't say more manuverable but for me, definately more control

AndrewD
06-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Has anyone else noticed that if you put lead tape on the handle, then you get more control? Of course I balanced it out by putting weight on the hoop.

In other words, putting weight at the handle didn't give you more control BUT increasing the racquet's weight (without changing balance) did. That isn't an automatic recipe for increased control, it just helps you. Another person could do the same thing and find the extra weight makes the racquet too heavy and they lose, not gain, control.

2nd_Serve
06-04-2008, 07:07 PM
In other words, putting weight at the handle didn't give you more control BUT increasing the racquet's weight (without changing balance) did. That isn't an automatic recipe for increased control, it just helps you. Another person could do the same thing and find the extra weight makes the racquet too heavy and they lose, not gain, control.

I'm confused. It doesn't change balance? And how does it help if it doesn't increase control? Definately not power right? Sorry for the questions. I'm just a little confused about this and need a little bit more clarity.:confused:

AndrewD
06-04-2008, 07:26 PM
I'm confused. It doesn't change balance? And how does it help if it doesn't increase control? Definately not power right? Sorry for the questions. I'm just a little confused about this and need a little bit more clarity.:confused:

1. It doesn't change balance because you've put the same amount of weight (you did say you'd 'balanced it' which would mean equal amounts top and bottom) at the top and bottom. Although the weight has increased, the location of the weight

2. If you add weight you increase the power potential of your racquet. That happens because you've got more mass (weight) coming into contact with the ball.

3. What I pointed out is that you can't logically/sensibly say that the act of putting weight at the bottom of the racquet was the reason why you got more control BECAUSE you counter-balanced it with weight added to the top. If you'd only added weight to the bottom and found you had more control then you could suggest that was the reason. However, you put weight in two different places so you can't logically claim that only one of them is involved in the process (of adding control). The only thing you can sensibly suggest is that the extra weight you added to the racquet (location irrelevant because you've put it in two opposite places) is what has helped you gain control.

BullDogTennis
06-04-2008, 07:27 PM
it doesnt change the balance if you countered it right like you said you did, by adding weight to the head.