PDA

View Full Version : O3 White string breaking

DustinW
05-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Ok, so what's the deal? I recently switched to the O3 White, and I'm breaking strings like crazy. I typically play with 16 gauge synthetic gut.... which usually gets me 7-8 hours of play. With the O3 White, I'm down to 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

Anybody else have this problem? Is it because of the O ports allowing more string movement?

Zach
05-28-2008, 08:10 PM
That could contribute to it and also the fact that you're probably getting a faster swingspeed.

cknobman
05-29-2008, 05:39 AM
03 raquets do allow more string movement which results in faster string breaking.

I play with the speedport black and had this problem with nxt string. In addition to string breakage I was finding too much power as well.

I tried a full poly setup and the power was perfect, strings never broke. Only problem was that my shoulder started hurting.

Now I play with a hybrid of syn gut(crosses)/poly(mains) and it is just right. Get about the right amount of power without strings breaking too fast and no shoulder/arm pain.

With syn gut I was only gettng a week out of my strings(play 3 nights a week) but with my hybrid Im getting a month.

I would try some hybrid string jobs and see how you like it.

DustinW
05-30-2008, 03:25 AM
Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll have to find something other than my cheap syn gut to play with.:cry:

tedescm
05-30-2008, 06:13 AM
I had the same problem with the SP Black.

I called Prince and they replaced the racquet.

DustinW
05-30-2008, 11:17 AM
I called Prince and they replaced the racquet.

Seriously? They replaced your racquet because you were breaking strings so often?