PDA

View Full Version : Yonex rqis 1 tour?

roryhewitt92
05-29-2008, 03:33 PM
Hi i would really like your comments on this racket cause i want a new yonex racket and its come down to the rds 001 or the rqis 1 tour i really want your opinions on the rackets thanks so much

Snuh
05-29-2008, 03:41 PM
Cnt u jus serch da 4ums. Der iz a lot of psts aredy.

HeadPrestige
05-29-2008, 03:57 PM
Cnt u jus serch da 4ums. Der iz a lot of psts aredy.

can some one use google translator to translate this gibberish?

ngray99
05-29-2008, 03:58 PM
soft buttery feel=RQiS
Firm feel=RDS
Power=RDS barely
Control and spin=RQiS

Demo, very different racquets, but I personally liked the RQiS more.

spkyEngrish
05-29-2008, 07:25 PM
The biggest difference for me was in the overall feel of the racquets.

If you like a softer hit, the Rq has that "buttery" quality everyone likes to talk about. My interpretation of that is the absence of overt, harsh feedback on ball contact. It's like a luxury car. The Rq just has that plush, dampened feeling. When it contacts the ball, you feel things flex and cushion for just a second before the ball flies off - kinda like a "Aaaaaaaaaaaand, thereyougo" :)

The RDS mid is actually a fairly comfortable hit as well (assuming you use multi/gut at a mid-low tension), but much "crisper". Another cliche, but it definitely describes this racquet's feel on impact. You hit the ball, you feel the ball compress for a microsecond, along with just a tiiiiiny bit of feedback/vibration to your arm, there's the sharpest, purest "thWOCK" you'll ever hear, then the ball's gone.

Fedace
05-29-2008, 07:31 PM
Hi i would really like your comments on this racket cause i want a new yonex racket and its come down to the rds 001 or the rqis 1 tour i really want your opinions on the rackets thanks so much

Yes i agree that it comes down to the feel you like. but i really do think you get little more pop on the serve with the Rqis tour-1 but you get slightly more control with RDS 001 midplus.:)

Fedace
05-29-2008, 07:32 PM
a Question for you older guys. Do you think if you had the tour-1 or RDS 001 during your high school or college days, do you think you would have been a much better player ??

NLBwell
05-29-2008, 09:53 PM
Here is my review of the RQis 1:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=2356368

In answer to Fedace's question, I probably wouldn't have been a much better player then because the strokes I learned were based on the rackets I used, however, I would probably be a better player now because I could now handle the more modern rackets more easily since my strokes would have been built on them.

urbo73
05-30-2008, 05:48 AM
Aren't correct strokes, correct strokes regardless of racquet used in learning them? I can see a heavy "players" racquet maybe forcing one to learn short/incomplete strokes, but not the other way around? Can you explain?

Carlito
05-30-2008, 11:22 AM
a Question for you older guys. Do you think if you had the tour-1 or RDS 001 during your high school or college days, do you think you would have been a much better player ??

Not "MUCH" better but it might have helped out a bit. I used to play with prestige classic in HS and College. Before that it was the RD-7. 8 years later I switched to the RDS mid just because it was more forgiving. But I was much better back then and wanted the additional control. I guess it depends what racket you are switching from.

fuzz nation
05-30-2008, 06:54 PM
Question for the OP: What racquets have you used in the past? I haven't had an outing with the RDS 001 (are you talking about the mid or mp head?), but the RQiS 1 Tour is certainly okay if you're used to frames in that weight range. I've always been more at home with 12.5-13.0 oz. racquets, so the RQiS turned out to be a little twitchy for me due to its lighter weight. It does deliver a nice feel with some forgiveness, but I'd say it's also a bit more crisp than buttery - feel really is such a subjective issue.

NLBwell
05-30-2008, 09:52 PM
Aren't correct strokes, correct strokes regardless of racquet used in learning them? I can see a heavy "players" racquet maybe forcing one to learn short/incomplete strokes, but not the other way around? Can you explain?

Because I used very heavy rackets from wood to graphite, I have long, beautiful, very hard, flat strokes. Unfortunately, hard flat strokes do not work well here in Colorado at altitude. I have worked to get more topspin, but it is not my natural stroke. If I had a racket like the RQis1 when younger I would have developed much more topspin in my strokes and it wouldn't be a problem now.
(By the way, I don't have any problem hitting my flat strokes at sea level - I'm one to two levels better (0.5 to 1.0 ntrp rating) the first day back at sea level)

A heavier racket will force you to learn longer more complete strokes (or it won't get over the net). The super-light super-power rackets allow you to just bunt the ball with incomplete strokes.