PDA

View Full Version : NXG MidPlus Question

jchiao
03-25-2004, 03:04 PM
I'd like to hear the opinions of people who've used the NXG
on a couple of occasions. I keep hearing that the NXG's
muted feel requires an adjustment period to get used to.

Can anyone compare the NXG MP to the POG mid?

Thanks

rrw3005
03-25-2004, 04:07 PM
I bought an NXG MP about a week ago and have played it about 5 times. I like the ground strokes - very solid and consistant. Volleys okay but some tend to sail. May just need to get used to it. Not very forgiving on serves. I usually can put a lot of heat and spin on my serve but with the NXG I have trouble with the heat part. Opponents are returning better.

My biggest concenr is that I am feeling soreness in my shoulder. It might be vibration from the racket or it could be related to poor timing on shots. It has a much heavier swing than the Pure Drive that I am used to. When I have time it hits sweet shots but it is tougher to maneuver for quick hits.

Jonas
03-25-2004, 05:23 PM
NO offense to anyone who like it, but i thought the nxg mid-plus was about the worst racquet i have ever hit with. It had absolutely no feel and was stiff in the hoop. The balance also felt very odd. I can't think of a racquet in the past that i have hit with for a few minutes and then thought this is terrible, but this is the case with the nxg mid-plus. I had high hopes for this frame. It is nothing like the pog original long-body.