PDA

View Full Version : Adidas a3 Accelerate question

finchy
01-16-2005, 07:48 PM
Hi TW,

i was wondering if there was any info on the outsole of Adidas's new flagship shoe. will it be the same adiwear6 as the barricade 3's? are the accelerates supposed to be the next barricades?

i was thinking that adidas had 4 different shoe classes: a3's, barricades, climacools, and other cheaper ones. btw, is there any possible word on a barricade 4? i know its a longshot because adidas wouldnt come out with new colorways for the barricade 3's, but who knows?

TW Staff
01-17-2005, 10:08 AM
The a3 Accelerate does not have the same outsole composition as the Barricade 3. The a3 Accelerate is a direct replacement of the original a3, and is designed as a lightweight performance shoe.
I would say you are pretty much right on with your Adidas performance shoe groupings.

Have not heard anything about a Barricade 4, yet.

Chris, TW.

finchy
01-17-2005, 10:29 AM
thanks alot for the responce chris. i also have one more question if anyone has tried the accelerates recently, does it say that the outsole is somewhat designed for durability? do they seem pretty durable? im about to go to a tennis store in a few hours and am going to try them on to see if they are worth it. its too bad one cannot tell durability just by wearing them around the store though.

here's an example of my durability issues with shoes:

air zoom breathe free: lasted 2 months in hot texas summer on hardcourts
air max breathe free 2: lasted 5 months and i have a small hole in the outsole (gonna send them in to nike soon)

ahh, we are in the 21st century and we have not come up with a good solution to combine durability + performance....

anyways, i thought that the barricade 3's and accelerates had the same outsole because both said they had the adiwear outsole. o well.

Aykhan Mammadov
01-17-2005, 12:36 PM
finchy, Adidas did come with the new colors of Barricade 3, didn't you see them on Adidas shoes page? It is written "New" near them.

I have Nike Air Resolve Mid, it lasting already 1 year. I'm playing 3 times per a week by 1 hour each on carpet indoor. I have wide foot. If you also have wide, you should choose wide 2E or 4 E shoes in order to combine lasting with performance. Adidas design is nicer but usually they don't produce tennis shoes for wide feet.

TW Staff
01-18-2005, 10:48 AM
I have not had a chance to play in these shoes yet as we have only seen samples so far. However, we do have this shoe on our playtest schedule. According to Adidas, the a3 Accelerate should be more durable than the original a3.
While the same material has been used for both the BIII and the a3 Accelerate, the BIII has a beefier construction, which will make it a more durable shoe.

Chris, TW.

finchy
01-18-2005, 12:55 PM
i see, thanks alot Chris. TW, u guys are awesome. thx for all the help.

i went to the tennis store and they didnt have the accelerates (insert sad face, yes i know emoticons dont show, :/) so i tried on the barricade 3s and im happy i did. they felt really good as practice shoes. i would probably use my breathe free 2's as game day shoes because they feel ALOT lighter. anyways, they didnt have the colorway i liked so i left with only some socks and some overgrips. i can get a pair for $91 shipped online anyways.