PDA

View Full Version : Speedport Tourrrrr

momich1
05-30-2008, 07:23 PM
so i play with a speedport tour and have been braking synth 16 guage strings every 3 days. im gonna switch to babolat pro hurricane tour so i can get some durability because my pockets are empty. my queston is can i get the stick strung without the side grommets and the top insert grommet? it feels more aerodynamic and a way more manuverable.. anyonedo this? opinions? thanks
momich1

momich1
06-01-2008, 05:42 PM
no opinions ???/ comeon

jonolau
06-02-2008, 04:07 AM
The problem about the Speedport Tour is twofold:

1. It has an open string pattern of 16x18 which allows for string movement.
2. This is further compounded by the large speedport grommets which allows even more stirng movement.

Synthetic gut will be shredded in no time.

Your best bet is to go full poly to offer a little more durability and drop it about 4-5 lbs lower than your tension for syn gut. However, if you're a chronic string breaker, even the full poly will snap in no time.

PHT is a nice string, but at your rate of string breakage, you might want to look at a cheaper option.

I can't think of any other solution.

dyson
10-28-2009, 12:35 PM
I just strung mine with TF NRG2 60/62 and the strings started moving halfway through the first set. Any solutions? I thought the string hole inserts would help, but it doesn't seem like it did much. Much better feel with the hole inserts though.