PDA

View Full Version : deleted thread

Datacipher
01-16-2005, 11:40 PM
Chris/TW staff:

Recently in General Pro Player Discussion a thread was started directed at me called something like "direct challenge to Daticipher". After several posts by the thread starter, VamosRafa, I responded. Now I see the thread has been deleted. I respect your authority to take such action. I just wanted to know the full story of why this was deleted so long after it started. Did VamosRafa request it deleted? I can guess as to reasons you might have deleted it, but I hope you will do me the courtesy of an answer because obviously the thread was directed specifically at me. Thanks in advance.

Datacipher

TW Staff
01-17-2005, 10:25 AM
Simple - it was the weekend and I just caught it yesterday. Had I or Chris seen it earlier, it would have been deleted then. Don/Tennis Warehouse

Datacipher
01-17-2005, 11:05 AM
Thanks, I appreciate the reply and delete.

VamosRafa
01-18-2005, 11:49 PM
So do I. I hope that in the future, we can avoid such conflicts.

Phil
01-19-2005, 12:02 AM
So do I. I hope that in the future, we can avoid such conflicts.

???????????

Datacipher
01-19-2005, 12:19 AM
???????????

Yep, BIZARRE. I don't drink but I guess if I did I'd be happy when threads I started when I was hammered were deleted.

VamosRafa
01-19-2005, 12:31 AM
Well, we can see how these threads start. Folks who aren't involved in them, get involved, and they escalate. I was ready to log off and saw Phil's comment.

Anyway, I'll just say my piece here, off the beaten path. *lol*

I've met Chris and Don, and they are great. They have a thankless task moderating this ssite.

I really only want to do the Nadal site, and make the occasional comment on the TW Messageboard. I don't have much time to do anything else.

But when you guys go at me, when I only post something here and there, it does get my advocacy instincts up. I am a lawyer after all.

So I'd like to cry peace.

If I have an opinion on something, I'll post it for sure. And news as well -- and that's the difference from my posts and yours -- I will posts news (as you will see below).

But the stuff you guys have posted about me and Rafa or Andy and whatever has really gotten old, so if we can all get over it, I'm all for it.

A new start.

I'm not going to forgo my favorites because of you.

But can we all realize that Andy isn't my fave player, and hasn't been for at least a couple years. But I still think he's a decent player, even though he's not Fed (whom I like as well).

And can we realize that since I do the site for Rafa, I have tons of info about him that no one would ever know unless you followed him, that I do know lots about him and support him. It's not that I don't realize his deficiencies; I just think he's a good player to do a website for. I made that decision 3 years ago, and I'm sticking with it.

And in fact, we can move into something practical. Jon Wertheim posted a week ago that he thought Rafa would finish No. 5 this year in the ATP singles. I thought that was a bit ambitious, but a 17-year-old gal on our site called Jon on this, and this is what he said in response to her question:

I'm a bit shocked you've picked Rafael Nadal to finish in the top five this year. I know his potential, but I'm surprised. His game is improving mightily, but is it well rounded enough for him to make such a leap? I'd give him another year. Unless you think he'll win the French Open and a bunch of other clay tourneys with only decent results on other surfaces.
-- Serene Chen, Vernon Hills, Ill.

Every time I see Nadal play, I'm more and more impressed -- not just by his precocious game but also for his taste for combat. The guy relishes the big matches and feels comfortable on the bigger stages. This, ultimately, counts for more than a perfectly rounded game or a 130 mph serve. Realistically, Nadal is probably a year or two away from winning the French, but I could see him making the semis at Roland Garros, winning one of the clay TMS events and then maybe one or two lesser events. If he does that and plays relatively injury-free -- what do we make of last week's chest pains? --- for the rest of the year, who knows?

No one knows, of course. We are all speculating. I speculate in one direction, perhaps you speculate in another.

In any event, I'll try to moderate my opinions on the site, to the extent I do post, and to back them up with articles and such.

I'm used to doing that anyway, and I'll just start doing it more.

Susan xxoo

VamosRafa
01-19-2005, 12:37 AM
Yep, BIZARRE. I don't drink but I guess if I did I'd be happy when threads I started when I was hammered were deleted.

Come on. The fact that I don't like what you guys post is no reason to cast aspersions on the reason why I do so.

No, that's not true. You should cast aspersions upon me, because I wasn't kind to you at all.

It wasn't because I was drunk or whatever -- I did it because I think you guys are jerks and I wanted to call you on it.

Now that is the TOTAL truth.

I'm not sure what Chris and Don will do about my admission, but that's my side of the story.

Again, as posted above, I'm happy to move beyond this.

I expect I won't post much anyway, but perhaps it would be best that I don't respond to posts from Phil/Daticpher or they don't respond to mine.

That's my message to Chris/Don anyway.

Whatever you all decide is fine with me.

Phil
01-19-2005, 01:37 AM
Sue - Amazing. My post above here is an expression of WTF-disbelief-disbelief that someone who actually STARTED a thread for the sole purpose of "calling-out" another member of this Board, and then HARASSING that member until he came forward and promptly OWNED you, can then come on here and IMPLORE us to "avoid such conflicts" (conflicts that YOU initiated). You can't start a fight and then, when losing it badly, step back, and point the finger at the people whom you provoked as the bad guys and demand that they give up. This is not "advocacy", this is cowardly behavior at its worst.

I suppose that by your difinition, I'm one of those "folks who aren't involved getting involved"? And this regardless of the fact that I was INVOLVED in the deleted discussion the moment you CHOSE to mention my name in a negative manner within your diatribe against another poster. I don't know who you think you are, but you really shouldn't have put in your useless .002 on this thread-you've no justification for doing so.

Your "Who, me?" victimization act doesn't fool anyone with a brain. I'm sure you will also be responsible for having this thread deleted, and for that, you should be ashamed and apologize to TW and all who posted before you on this thread for your childish and cowardly behavior. But this won't happen because you have no self-awareness of how absurd you are. Step back and read the stuff you write-I "challenge" you to do that. Otherwise, you will experience more of the same-we know all about you, Susan. And although most of us have sympathy for such people and don't enjoy kicking people when they're down, your "challenges" which are nothing but ignorance and provocations, warrant a response. Best that you go to bed already, or go back to your teenage minions on your own site, where you'll get some sympathy (because, really, you NEED it). As my man Gomer Pyle once said, "Sad, Sad, Sad."

VamosRafa
01-19-2005, 01:48 AM
I haven't been called Sue since high school, and your post reminds me of that, Phil.

It's not necessarily to your credit. But it makes me feel young.

But I have no problems with this thread. I've learned a lot from it.

I will not request that it be deleted. I see nothing wrong with it. I didn't request deletion of the last one.

If you want some info from me on Nadal, I'm happy to post it here. Otherwise, I think I've said all I need to say.

I'm going to back to working on the Nadal site at vamosrafael.com.

Yes, I will continue to post at TW, but I do hope to avoid challenges from you and Daticipher in the future. Kind of makes things easier on everyone around us.

And to that end, I will try to back up my posts with facts, info, articles and such, so that I don't need to garner your attention.

What more could you want? It's a perfect world!

Phil
01-19-2005, 02:14 AM
Yes, I will continue to post here, but I do hope to avoid you and Daticipher in the future. And again, I will try to back up my posts with facts, info, articles and such, so that I don't need to garner your attention.

What more could you want?

I can't speak for Datacipher, but my advice to you if you want to AVOID certain posters who rub you the wrong way, is to refrain from issuing public "challenges" to such posters. You see, Susan, actually CHALLENGING these people is not REALLY conducive to AVOIDING them. In fact, the two concepts- CHALLENGE and AVOID-are diametrically opposed. I would even go out on a limb and label your "strategy" counter intuitive. And you say you went to law school?

Anyway, sleep tight.

VamosRafa
01-19-2005, 02:23 AM
You say you went to law school?

Yep, I did. And what I learned there has served me well in my career.

I have never felt it necessary to apply that knowledge to posting on a tennis messageboard, however.

I don't think you need 4 years of undergrad and 3 years of law school to make your point here -- less is more is the prevailing point most of the time.

I'm fine with that -- just don't give me grief for my academic achievements. Thank you very much.

Phil
01-19-2005, 02:28 AM
??????????????

VamosRafa
01-19-2005, 02:31 AM
Okay, so what are your academic achievements, Phil?

Since you raised the subject.

I can give you website info re my bar admission to the U.S. Supreme Court, California bar, etc., etc.

So why are you so superior?

You raised the issue?

And I'm wide awake, as I'm at work, with my assistants typing up a document that we need to send for filing at the Superior Court in Indio in the morning.

So I have time, as I wait for the next draft.

VamosRafa
01-19-2005, 02:45 AM
I won't be going home for a bit, I can tell. My assistant is glaring at me.

But I realize it is indeed sweet dreams for you, Phil.

So I'll catcha later. I'm sure to be back on-line for Rafa's singles match. He won his first round singles, and plays Youzhny tomorrow.

Rafa and Costa won their first-round doubles match easily today.

Need to do those updates when I get back home from work. Vamos, Rafael!

http://www.vamosrafael.com

equinox
01-19-2005, 05:16 AM
So I'll catcha later. I'm sure to be back on-line for Rafa's singles match. He won his first round singles, and plays Youzhny tomorrow.

Rafa and Costa won their first-round doubles match easily today.

Need to do those updates when I get back home from work. Vamos, Rafael!
Susan, please just stop mentioning rafa in every post. If people want there rafael nadal hit for the day they'll visit your website. Enough of rafa already.

You're obsessed with rafa. Almost like you want to get with the young fella. That's just sickening lady.

Run RAFA run.

arf22
01-19-2005, 06:02 AM
Be careful Phil, she might threaten to leave the TW boards, never to return again!

Phil
01-19-2005, 04:48 PM
arf22 - Yes, never to return again, and again, and again...

Phil
01-19-2005, 04:52 PM
Okay, so what are your academic achievements, Phil?

Since you raised the subject.

I can give you website info re my bar admission to the U.S. Supreme Court, California bar, etc., etc.

So why are you so superior?

You raised the issue?

And I'm wide awake, as I'm at work, with my assistants typing up a document that we need to send for filing at the Superior Court in Indio in the morning.

So I have time, as I wait for the next draft.

It's like talking to a child. You don't get it, big time.

Datacipher
01-19-2005, 08:22 PM
I can't speak for Datacipher, but my advice to you if you want to AVOID certain posters who rub you the wrong way, is to refrain from issuing public "challenges" to such posters. You see, Susan, actually CHALLENGING these people is not REALLY conducive to AVOIDING them. In fact, the two concepts- CHALLENGE and AVOID-are diametrically opposed. I would even go out on a limb and label your "strategy" counter intuitive. And you say you went to law school?

NO! Please Phil, go ahead speak for me! I am now speechless reading through the last several replies to this thread....as one of my juniors is fond of saying I have been "stupified".

Susan now seems to resort to posts consisting of 1 unrelated sentance after another...each one with it's own inaccuracies and mistruths.

I can't even follow now. You call for peace? We are jerks. You think you should avoid replying to our posts because we don't reply to yours? You want to avoid further challenges from Phil and I?!!! You're not going to forego your favorites because of us!???? Who asked you to? what is going on here?! You're posting "news" (which is really just one persons opinion) on Nadal(whom I don't remember ever posting anything about) here in the middle of this thread?!

Look, Susan, I'm not trying to reduce this to insults but it's like listening to a crazy person rocking back and forth, staring at a wall, rambling on and on.....you're supposed to be lawyer! Can't you logically stay on topic for even 1 post? I really don't understand this?

...AND yes, yes, we all know you know Chris and Don. I don't know them at all, dont' know anything about them whatsoever! I dont' care if they are your best friends and totally support you, all I would ask is that they be fair and objective and they have been!

VamosRafa
01-19-2005, 09:47 PM
Okay, okay, I get your point, guys.

But if I'm so crazy and illogical, why respond to me? Just let my craziness speak for itself.

You give me a lot more credit than you should, by actually responding to my so-called erratic behavior.

In any event, I don't care, I'm so happy with Rafa's win today.

Man, that was a close one.

But before I sign off this thread. I do wish you the best. And I mean it.

I definitely will keep posting on TW.com, as time and whim permits. But I hope that our personal encounters will be few and far between. One of my goals, in fact.

Take care.

Susan