PDA

View Full Version : searching for the one

Passingshot
05-31-2008, 07:47 PM
I need help searching for the racket that could be the one. My local club is kind of far from my house and with gas prices I can not be driving there alot to pick up many demos, so I would like to get some idea of what I want to demo. Right now I have a pure drive cortex, I loved the racket when I got it but now I feel its too much power for me. My game is alot of top spin from the baseline to set up me going to the net, I love at the net and that is where I am most comfy. I have a 2 handed backhand with some good topspin. I am taller around 6'2" and on the skinny side. Normally I would not ask for help like this but after I got the pure drive I stoped keeping up on rackets and what is new, I have been looking at diffrent ones but really dont know where to start. Thanks for your time.

Anton
05-31-2008, 08:38 PM
I'd say you'll love

HEAD MG Prestige MP

great all court control frame - great net stick and good on ground strokes as well.

carlos djackal
06-01-2008, 07:55 AM
try dnx 10 mid although there's the new BB 11, i still love the DNX 10 mid...demo it, you might like the feel and its overall attributes...

fuzz nation
06-01-2008, 09:04 AM
Highly recommend a look at the Prince Hybrid Tour - nice price for a terrific all court frame.

Topspin Kid364
06-02-2008, 07:10 AM
If you love the pure drive, you'll love the aeropro drive w/ cortex. Instead of more power it's more spin.

Serpententacle
06-02-2008, 07:24 AM
Consider Donnay Pro One Oversize.

Passingshot
06-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Thanks for all the advice. any more?

TennisVet
06-02-2008, 12:51 PM
Head MG Radical Pro, open string pattern for tons of spin, very maneuverable.

Passingshot
06-02-2008, 09:31 PM
I like the o3 techs at the net, but I do not know what of the prince line would be the best for my situation. I demoed the black (both set ups) the net play was amazing but I could not get in a groove with groundies. I really need to find the best all courter from the o3 line to try, any ideas?

Passingshot
06-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Alright my list so far Is:

MG Radical Pro -looks soild
K six one 95 - always wanted to try

Looking for others. there is just so many to choose from

Anton
06-03-2008, 08:37 PM
Alright my list so far Is:

MG Radical Pro -looks soild
K six one 95 - always wanted to try

Looking for others. there is just so many to choose from

Try the MG Prestige MP - contrary to popular belief open string pattern does not equal more spin - it just means the ball will tend to fly more upwards/loopy.

don't believe me? Take a look what Djokevich plays with and tell me he isn't getting enough spin.

But there are definite advantages to 18x20 - stiffer stringbed at lower tension, less string movement, more consistent stringbed response and longer string life.

Passingshot
06-03-2008, 09:04 PM
lol I was going to ask about string pattrens but I didnt want to look like a total idoit. Thanks for the info, maybe what I need is a denser pattren because I tend to have some loop on my shots. Will have to try out the prestige and was thinking about the Kblade, i like the few days I got to hit with a friends nblade so we will see how that goes, also maybe the 18x20 ksix one. I really apprecate it, becuase I do not know much about rackets, all I know is I am not ready for a mid.

Passingshot
06-04-2008, 07:07 PM
My list is comming along and I am looking to add a yonex to it. Would you recomend the rqis 2 or the rds 001 mid plus 2008? reading the reviews and looking at the stats I really cant tell much. Also trying to find a prince racket, how do you guys feel about the speed port pro white?

Anton
06-04-2008, 07:35 PM
My list is comming along and I am looking to add a yonex to it. Would you recomend the rqis 2 or the rds 001 mid plus 2008? reading the reviews and looking at the stats I really cant tell much. Also trying to find a prince racket, how do you guys feel about the speed port pro white?

001 MP, clearly. RQis2 is big power sort of racket - even more so then PD.

Speed port white - is not too bad, but imo noting special either.

Passingshot
06-05-2008, 09:39 AM
Alright thanks. and Anton thanks for all your help.

Passingshot
06-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Alright now that my grad party is out of the way I can begin to demoing....I decied to go though tw to save my self some effort ( I am lazy) first batch I think will be
both k six one 95s
the kblade
and mg prestige
I will post with my results

Anton
06-07-2008, 10:34 PM
Alright now that my grad party is out of the way I can begin to demoing....I decied to go though tw to save my self some effort ( I am lazy) first batch I think will be
both k six one 95s
the kblade
and mg prestige
I will post with my results

mg prestige midplus right?

Passingshot
06-08-2008, 08:40 AM
yeah. I was tried when i was typing that lol. I dont trust my self with a mid lol

Passingshot
06-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Alright just about done with my first demos, and ready for the next batch. I got the AG 200 instead of the kblade because it was there and the kblade wasnít. I was really impressed with the Ag 200, great racket I love hitting with it. But to make sure thatís what I want I got to hit with another batch of demos. So far my list is

Yonex RDS 001 MP 2008
Babolat Pure Storm Tour
And the Kblade

I donít know what else to put in that last spot. Iíve basically looked at every company and I canít make a choice. I am officially stumped and I want to demo 4 because itís the same price. Any suggestions guys?

Anton
06-22-2008, 07:17 AM
Alright just about done with my first demos, and ready for the next batch. I got the AG 200 instead of the kblade because it was there and the kblade wasnít. I was really impressed with the Ag 200, great racket I love hitting with it. But to make sure thatís what I want I got to hit with another batch of demos. So far my list is

Yonex RDS 001 MP 2008
Babolat Pure Storm Tour
And the Kblade

I donít know what else to put in that last spot. Iíve basically looked at every company and I canít make a choice. I am officially stumped and I want to demo 4 because itís the same price. Any suggestions guys?

Try the pro kennex redondo

Il Mostro
06-22-2008, 07:43 AM
Add TF Tfighter 335 to your list -- sound like you and it might be a good match.