PDA

View Full Version : Is Babolat Aerobeam Technology Works??

stalako
06-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Is good players who are using babolat aeropro drive raquet find this technology usefull???
Is it moving in the air more efficiently?????

Babb
06-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Even if it does work, Prince's speedports are better for making the racquet move through the air more efficiently.

This is not a comment on racquet performance at all though.

stalako
06-01-2008, 12:39 PM
i am not talking of o port technology but aero beam technology.

Nellie
06-01-2008, 01:22 PM
I think that the neck in the aeropro actually works very well, but not for the reasons adverstised by babolat. The aero does not make the racquet swing faster. Instead, the racquet is stiff in the vertical direction of the top spin (up and down motion) but flexible in the horizontal direction

El Guapo
06-01-2008, 01:28 PM
If they sell more racquets to people who don't know any better, then it works.

iplaybetter
06-01-2008, 01:59 PM
as mentioned before i believe it ads stiffness, but not aero
that shape on a tri bike=yes, tennis racket=no

kcmiser
06-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Nellie's point about frame flexing is interesting, but I have no idea if he is correct about how it flexes in the vertical versus horizontal plane, much less if that would make a noticable difference in how the racquet plays.

However, the idea that the throat shape has a significant aerodynamic benefit is simply silly. What is even funnier is that in a tennis swing, the hoop moves more than the throat, and Babolat tells everyone it is an advantage having an aerodynamic throat, but does not mention the APDC hoop is 26mm, which would be aerodynamically sluggish versus a 19 mm hoop.

anbu4ever11
06-03-2008, 07:34 AM
all i know is that on both the apdc and aerostorm they swing lighter then other frames with similar specs.overall i dont care whether it works or not as long as its a good stick.

Syfo-Dias
06-03-2008, 07:41 AM
I don't think humans can swing a tennis racquet fast enough for aerodynamics to really come into play. It's a marketing gimmick.

El Guapo
06-03-2008, 11:52 AM
all i know is that on both the apdc and aerostorm they swing lighter then other frames with similar specs.overall i dont care whether it works or not as long as its a good stick.
You're really trying to claim that the APDC swings lighter than other racquets with similar swingweights because the throat is aerodynamic in one plane and terribly un-aerodynamic in the other plane? LOL

That crap would only work if you were hitting flat, eastern forehands which is exactly the group that the APDC is NOT aimed at.

Total marketing garbage used to sell sticks to suckers.

herosol
06-03-2008, 01:36 PM
You're really trying to claim that the APDC swings lighter than other racquets with similar swingweights because the throat is aerodynamic in one plane and terribly un-aerodynamic in the other plane? LOL

That crap would only work if you were hitting flat, eastern forehands which is exactly the group that the APDC is NOT aimed at.

it might be garbage. but the frame is awesome.

El Guapo
06-03-2008, 01:38 PM
it might be garbage. but the frame is awesome.
I'm not debating that. The so-called "technology" is total garbage. The same goes for Fischer. They make great sticks but their replusive magnets are possibly the dumbest tennis "technology" ever marketed.

anbu4ever11
06-03-2008, 01:49 PM

not saying its the aerobeam at all could be maybe its that and other things,idk and i really dont care all racket brands to me are full of crap just find a stick you like and buy it.thats all that matters.

herosol
06-03-2008, 02:20 PM
I'm not debating that. The so-called "technology" is total garbage. The same goes for Fischer. They make great sticks but their replusive magnets are possibly the dumbest tennis "technology" ever marketed.

hmm. i don't think it really works, but one question.
What if the Aero line was made with a standard kind of throat.

Would it be different? Worse? Better?

El Guapo
06-03-2008, 06:55 PM
not saying its the aerobeam at all could be maybe its that and other things,idk and i really dont care all racket brands to me are full of crap just find a stick you like and buy it.thats all that matters.
Exactly right. Unless you're buying a Prince (their O-ports and speedports really do work and change the feel of the frame), none of the "technology" matters at all. Magnets, aerogel, microgel, liquidmetal, ncode silicon, karophite black, aerobeams, DNX, etc are just marketing gimmicks used to sell more frames.

If you have a stick that you like, keep it. If you want a new stick, buy one based on how it feels to you and how you play with it. Don't pay any attention to which pro plays with a paintjob of that frame, what "technology" is incorporated into the frame or anything else.

babolatisduhbomb
06-03-2008, 06:59 PM
i use it im a 5.0 player im one of the best in the southwest

El Guapo
06-03-2008, 07:06 PM
i use it im a 5.0 player im one of the best in the southwest
no one cares

staedtler
06-03-2008, 08:07 PM
hmm. i don't think it really works, but one question.
What if the Aero line was made with a standard kind of throat.

Would it be different? Worse? Better?

I think if the Aero line was made with your standard box beam or rounded beam like the PD,well I think youd end up with the Pure line.

As for my opinion on the Aerobeam, I kind of feel a difference. Ive played with the APD for a solid 4-5 months, and also messed around with a friend's PD. As stupid as this might sound, and it does sound stupid, I felt with the APD, I was more inclined to really swing upwards to get some massive topspin with the APD, -where as the PD, I was hitting a good amount flatter. Obviously other factors are probably involved. Maybe I was trying to channel Nadal when I was playing with the APD, who knows, but that could very well be the reason. Ive moved on since then.

ledor
06-03-2008, 09:27 PM
they are comparing aero to the Pure Drive, which are totally different shapes. Aero wins in manueravability and spin.

Micky
06-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Nellie's point about frame flexing is interesting, but I have no idea if he is correct about how it flexes in the vertical versus horizontal plane, much less if that would make a noticable difference in how the racquet plays.

However, the idea that the throat shape has a significant aerodynamic benefit is simply silly. What is even funnier is that in a tennis swing, the hoop moves more than the throat, and Babolat tells everyone it is an advantage having an aerodynamic throat, but does not mention the APDC hoop is 26mm, which would be aerodynamically sluggish versus a 19 mm hoop.

Hola kcmiser,

The hoop is 26mm but it the throat is much less. The longitudinal distances at 26mm is much shorter on the APD(C) than the PD line. Hence it is more aerodynamic.

alfa164164
06-05-2008, 08:54 AM
Can't believe I'm going to put this out there, but yes, IMO the racket without a doubt does cut through the air easier, I'm convinced of that. But, control is not its strongest suit.

El Guapo
06-05-2008, 09:08 AM
Can't believe I'm going to put this out there, but yes, IMO the racket without a doubt does cut through the air easier, I'm convinced of that. But, control is not its strongest suit.
And you probably also think that the APDC "cuts through the air" much slower when hitting a backhand slice.