PDA

View Full Version : Turntable not locking?

newbie123
03-25-2004, 03:37 PM
THe turntable on my Eagnas Hawk 800 is not locking into place. Even when i turn it all the way clockwise to give it supposibly a tight lock...it does not lock at all. I can still turn it around 360 degrees. Help?

Gaines Hillix
03-25-2004, 04:26 PM
Does it have a thumb wheel/lever with a bolt attached to it that is supposed to tighen against the turntable shaft and keep it from moving? If so, it sounds like it's not long enough. Back it out and see if you can remove the turntable from the stand. I assume you assembled the machine yourself and should be able to get the turntable off the stand. Look down inside the stand and tighten the brake knob. Can you see the end of the bolt come through? Does it come through far enough to contact the turntable shaft? If not, it's likely they shipped the wrong part with the machine and you'll have to go back to them to get the correct part.

newbie123
03-25-2004, 07:48 PM
well i'm not very good with names...but i tighten it by turning this lever type thing clockwise which has a screw head attached to it.....it goes through and comes out the other side

what is the break knob?

the weird thing is...the first time i strung it my machine was working fine....during the second time...however...i noticed that the turntalbe wasnt locking entirely...during the third time the entire thing was loose

Gaines Hillix
03-26-2004, 04:10 AM
The lever type thing with the screw attached is what I am referring to as the brake knob. Back this out of the hole it's in and look at the end of it. Does it look like it broke off? Follow the suggestion I made in my first post and see if it's long enough to contact the shaft the turntable rotates on.

Ken Sachar
03-26-2004, 09:24 AM

Did you try tightening the set screw that secures the turntable to the shaft that goes down throught the column on the stand?

I believe they supply a "t" handled wrench for this purpose.

Maybe the shaft is being held by the locking lever, but the turntable is spinning on the shaft.

Good luck

newbie123
03-26-2004, 05:44 PM
ooo ok thanks! it finally locks now