PDA

View Full Version : lighter racket+more swingspeed suggestions

reesespiecestennis
06-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Hey guys I've been through two rackets, ag200 and ntour. I love the aerogel 200 but it's just gets really heavy after the first set of playing. I can generate fast swing speed for a while but then the weight of the racket makes me tired fast.

So I switched to the ntour which was lighter. But it doesn't have the same punch and swings just as heavy.

So.. I was wondering if I should demo some 11 ounce rackets that are manuverable + have lower swingweights.

I'm 15, 6.0, 150, mainly aggresive basliner, play alot in windy weather.

Are these good choices to demo:

Speedport black
Aero pro drive cortex
Pure drive cortex
microgel extreme
speedport white

fortunecookiesjc
06-01-2008, 06:56 PM
try the Ktour its really nice. I dont like SPblack/white or APDC. Speed white over black..

Microgel extreme is nice though which one though... Pro is just as heavy as aerogel 200.
Ncode open and surge are nice around that weight and swings lighter. Good price too.
Those babolats swings just as heavy as ntour.... its like 325 comparedto ntours 330, actually... all those racquets have just about the same swingweight.....

Mansewerz
06-01-2008, 07:11 PM
Try the NPro Open. It's on liquidation as well, but hurry if you're gonna demo!

fortunecookiesjc
06-01-2008, 07:13 PM
I have the npro surge, like it better than Npro Open. Its a preference kinda thing. Both plays differently. Many threads on the boards

reesespiecestennis
06-02-2008, 01:39 PM
The ntour just swings awkward, and doesn't pack alot of punch. Is the npro open stable? It looks too light (swing of 302 i think). I think a pure drive or aeropro drive would feel less clumsy since they aren't head heavy like the ntour. I'm not really worried about the swingweight in general just not something that is too heavy like the aerogel. Since I can swing the ntour all day and it doesn't make me tired.

reesespiecestennis
06-02-2008, 01:42 PM
oh and will the babolats not play right if I don't have poly in them? Because I can't get them restrung but like once every month.

fortunecookiesjc
06-02-2008, 03:16 PM
Ktour..
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCWILSON-KTOURM.html

Surge sw of 320
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCWILSON-WNPS.html

but idonno your suggesting racquets which are similar weight / Sw of your AG 200

[d]ragon
06-02-2008, 05:51 PM
try out the rads. they hav about the same flex and 18x20 string pattern but are lighter (and hav slightly bigger headsizes)

fuzz nation
06-02-2008, 06:24 PM
You sound like you need a frame that's somewhat hefty, but more headlight than your AG 200. Even though that Dunlop lists at 8 pts. headlight, it felt less than that when I tried it out last year. I love headlight balance, but if the hoop doesn't have much mass on it, I get that odd feeling that there's no punch there, too. Any lighter than 11.8-12.0 oz. and it feels like there's just nothing there in the racquet for me.

I had a couple of Yonex RDS 002 Tours for a while and despite their weight, they were really easy to handle for me (stable too) and the RDS 001 mp is listed with an even more headlight balance. I've also got an RQiS 1 Tour that I'm noodling with - another easy frame to handle and it has some room for adding lead on the hoop in case you're interested in tuning. Not that I'm all about Yonex, but those just came to mind.

I think that the other frames you listed for potential demos are interesting and you'll honestly only know whether you like any of them once you get 'em out for a hit.

reesespiecestennis
06-02-2008, 06:27 PM
well I'm just gonna demo them instead of worrying you guys

but just to tell you guys, I've used the microgel extreme mp and that was far from too heavy for me. So... that's why I'm considering the babolats, etc. The lm radical is sounding pretty good for me right now too, plus the npro open.

Definitely not getting the ktour since of the balance, plus the cost! The ntour can't be much different for $100 less!

Alrighty guys thank you I'm just gonna go out and demo some next week.:)

fortunecookiesjc
06-02-2008, 06:30 PM
yeah i just got an npro surge and i had an entense demo compared to to npro open. Both nice racquets but i like spin more on the surge.

Npro open is very light.. I cant wait to see how i hit with a light racquet compared to my 12+ oz racquets

reesespiecestennis
06-02-2008, 06:32 PM
oh you just posted when I did fuzz nation.

Yeah I'm the same way too. I need some weight or it doesn't feel like I'm putting any punch on the ball. But..the drawbacks of not being able to swing it late on (especially on serve) outweigh the benfifts of weight.

But yeah the aerogel feels alot more head heavy for some reason than others I've tried. I've been looking at the rds001 too, but will it be just as demanding as my aerogel? Plus I have no idea how to add weight and don't think I'll be doing that so I want a frame that hits good right out of the plastic.

fortunecookiesjc
06-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Also i think the Lm radical would be a bit heavy on him.