PDA

View Full Version : Inherently Powerful Rackets

meowmix
06-01-2008, 07:35 PM
Can I get of list of rackets manufactuered in the past 5 years that are above 11 ounces, considered high end tweener/player frames that pack a good deal of inherent power? I know that power is largely dependent on the player and whatnot, but I'm just asking for rackets that you considered inherently powerful. I'm just curious to see what turns up (ex. I never thought the O3 Hybrid Tour would be considered powerful).

So far, my list is at:
Pure Drive (cortex, and non cortex)
Aeropro Drive (cortex, and non cortex)
Pure Drive Roddick
O3 Hybrid Tour
Microgel Extreme

Anything else?

bamatennis07
06-01-2008, 07:49 PM
aerogel 500 tour

2nd_Serve
06-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Don't go with the extreme. The extreme pro is a lot better. IMO of course.

Dark_Angel85
06-01-2008, 08:29 PM
If you're talking about racquets that provide you with power (not considering the factor of players, string tension, swing speed), then a racquet with a lot of power will be have:

1) A big face - 103++ square inches
2) A head heavy balance - 1-2++ Head Heavy

I tried out the W 2 Black Whisper... Man, that big face was really swinging some shots.... too big for my liking, but the trampoline effect was insane! I highly recommend it to beginners who can't take massive swings consistently and need the racquet to provide more power for them so they can just swing and complete the motion for starters...

haerdalis
06-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Pk ki15 pse packs a mean punch.

martin
06-02-2008, 03:03 AM
yonex rds003

Murray_Maniac
06-02-2008, 03:15 AM
Most powerful racq. Ive hit w/ is the Wilson K 112 OS. 112 sq. in, 8 pts. HH. That thing is a beast!!

ThA_Azn_DeViL
06-02-2008, 03:39 AM
The most powerful racquet out there would probably be Gamma's Big Bubba.

meowmix
06-02-2008, 04:33 AM
Did you NOT see the part saying above 11 ounces and is considered a high end tweener/player racket?

TW Professor
06-02-2008, 06:52 AM
Can I get of list of rackets manufactuered in the past 5 years that are above 11 ounces, considered high end tweener/player frames that pack a good deal of inherent power? I know that power is largely dependent on the player and whatnot, but I'm just asking for rackets that you considered inherently powerful. I'm just curious to see what turns up (ex. I never thought the O3 Hybrid Tour would be considered powerful).

So far, my list is at:
Pure Drive (cortex, and non cortex)
Aeropro Drive (cortex, and non cortex)
Pure Drive Roddick
O3 Hybrid Tour
Microgel Extreme

Anything else?

Go to the TWU specs and power page (http://twu.tennis-warehouse.com/learning_center/specsandspeed.html) and enter weight as the spec of concern. Then select a location (probably 21/0, or 22/0, or 23/0) where you hit on your racquet. The program will list all racquets by power and weight. Just choose a weight above 312 grams (11 ounces). I think all the racquets you listed are indeed right up there.

python
06-02-2008, 07:58 AM
I actually hit the ball harder with the Pure Control than the regular Pure Drive. I may give the Pure Drive Roddick a slight edge over the Pure Control however.

cknobman
06-02-2008, 09:31 AM
O3 speedport black

meowmix
06-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Go to the TWU specs and power page (http://twu.tennis-warehouse.com/learning_center/specsandspeed.html) and enter weight as the spec of concern. Then select a location (probably 21/0, or 22/0, or 23/0) where you hit on your racquet. The program will list all racquets by power and weight. Just choose a weight above 312 grams (11 ounces). I think all the racquets you listed are indeed right up there.

Or you could do it that way... :)

But that doesn't give some of the older rackets.:(

Ross K
06-02-2008, 11:42 AM
I actually hit the ball harder with the Pure Control than the regular Pure Drive. I may give the Pure Drive Roddick a slight edge over the Pure Control however.

'Slight edge?' The PDR wins this battle hands down imo.