Comfort?
Spin?
Plow?
Groundstrokes?
Serving?
Etc.

(I've read the TW Review & Feedback)

Thank you.

The diablo feels as stiff as its rating indicates... not horribly stiff but not flexy. Comfort wise it is not nearly as comfortable as your 6.0 95.

Spin potential is ridiculous. I was able to generate absurd amounts of spin with east with the diablo. Plow through was adequate-- not phenomenal.. but not lacking either. It is great from the baseline.. but my gripe with it is that because of the head shape the sweetspot is a little bit higher in the stringbed (i like it lower)

It is a great serving stick... due to the ample power and access to spin.

If you are coming off a 6.0 95 though.. i would look at the rds 001 mid first... it was a pretty easy switch for me.

Rafa freak
06-01-2008, 09:46 PM
I thought it was great for serve and voley.

skraggle
06-02-2008, 01:01 AM
Swings easy for a player's mid, and very stable. Great spin, big serves, nice slices, bigger than average sweetspot, pretty good at net.

bluetrain4
06-02-2008, 01:12 AM
What are some of your opinions on the:

Prince Diablo Mid

Stiff?
Comfort?
Spin?
Plow?
Groundstrokes?
Serving?
Etc.

(I've read the TW Review & Feedback)

Thank you.

Really fantastic all around classic player's frame.

Stiff - yes, but not uncomfortable in my opinion, though some have described it has harsh.

Spin - great spin potential. Huge Sweetspot for a mid. Like someone said, sweetspot is higher in the string bed, which I love, but others may not.

Plow - very good, but a little too headlight to be "great."

Groundstrokes - a dream if you have good technique and can get the racquet around. The head looks small, it plays bigger. Great versatility - great slices, spin potential, and ability to hit flat. Also, good defensive stick, enough weight to absorb pace and block back balls as long as you are moving forward and puttinng weight into it. Racquet has no power, so it's easy to hit short if your strokes are off. Accuracy and control are fantastic.

Feel - a pretty muted frame. Pretty "boardy". Feel isn't great, though that can be improved with the right string.

Serve - power, placement, spin, flat heaters, great slice - it's all there for the taking.

Volleys - headlight balance helps, but it is weighty, so it's not super manueverable. Also, small head gives little margin for error. This is the one area where I wish the head was bigger. But, I'm not a great volleyer to start with.

Simply, an all around, solid player's frame that is pretty cheap nowdays.

carTW
06-02-2008, 03:23 AM
Does the Diablo mid eat up strings like most other Prince racquets? Or does the somewhat dense string pattern help in that area?
Also would it be considered a "whippy" racquet (being so headlight)?

Micky
06-02-2008, 05:48 AM
Really fantastic all around classic player's frame.

Stiff - yes, but not uncomfortable in my opinion, though some have described it has harsh.

Spin - great spin potential. Huge Sweetspot for a mid. Like someone said, sweetspot is higher in the string bed, which I love, but others may not.

Plow - very good, but a little too headlight to be "great."

Groundstrokes - a dream if you have good technique and can get the racquet around. The head looks small, it plays bigger. Great versatility - great slices, spin potential, and ability to hit flat. Also, good defensive stick, enough weight to absorb pace and block back balls as long as you are moving forward and puttinng weight into it. Racquet has no power, so it's easy to hit short if your strokes are off. Accuracy and control are fantastic.

Feel - a pretty muted frame. Pretty "boardy". Feel isn't great, though that can be improved with the right string.

Serve - power, placement, spin, flat heaters, great slice - it's all there for the taking.

Volleys - headlight balance helps, but it is weighty, so it's not super manueverable. Also, small head gives little margin for error. This is the one area where I wish the head was bigger. But, I'm not a great volleyer to start with.

Simply, an all around, solid player's frame that is pretty cheap nowdays.

Hola Bluetrain,

Excellent post. My Diablo Mid helped me to settle my nerves when I started playing tournaments. But in the end became very demanding on my body and had to drop it for the Babolats. I take out my Diablo every few months just to see how much I improved since starting tennis 30 months ago.

Murray_Maniac
06-03-2008, 08:57 AM
This is my holy grail racquet. ITS DA BOMB!!! Well, at least for me.

Stiff: Definately not flexy, but not verry stiff. If u desire useful stiffness, but not as stiff as like the PDR or Pure Control 03, then its for u.

Spin: Yea, its very spinny. Whenever I stop playing w/ it for a while and pick it back up, I start off only hitting extreme topspin. Yea, this racquet is good but not only for using extreme topspin.

Plow: Really good for heavy hitting. Its amazing how much plow it has and its manevurable. Im sure that theres others w/ better plow, but sacrifice in manv., but this is the heaviest racq. I can handle.

Feel: As others have stated, its muted. But, IMO not harsh. Its very comfortable IMO because theres little to no vibration, and its very solid without feeling too much like a rock.

Groundies: Absolutely fantastic if you possess the technique. Its amazing how all-around great it is. Topspin, all-out flat, slice, it does everything great. Plus, its not a backhand oriented racquet. When I used to have a great 1h bh, they were booming. Now that I have a 2h bh, Its still booming.

Serving: Verry great. You can hit bombs and have major kick on the 2nds. Again, I think its because of the solidness and manverability. In fact, I cant serve as many aces w/ any other racq.

Volleys: Excellent plow. I find no manv. problem, since its not as hefty as the K90 or Prostaff 6.0. But, not as much plow as the K90 or Prostaff 6.0 85.

All in all, its for a variety of types of techniques, as long as their advanced. Its the closest thing that Ive used that feels just like an extension of the arm. Another thing that should be noted is that the sweetspot is higher, more near the 10 and 2 o'clock than the 3 and 9 o'clock. Definately plays bigger than 93, but it still has the control and solidity of a mid.

Abriano
06-03-2008, 09:23 AM
it's the one to buy if you're in a hurry to get a "players frame" and don't have time to demo
extremely versatile

carTW
06-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Any input on how quickly the Diablo mid goes through strings?

eagle
06-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Personal opinion below. YMMV.

Stiffness: Rated as stiff but I don't notice it.

Comfort: Very comfortable. No pains suffered or developed from it

Spin: Superb. The open string pattern helps generate spin very easily.

Plowthrough: At about 12.2 ounces, it has excellent plowthrough. You boss the ball around and not the other way around. The heavier weight also helps on offcenter hits.

Groundstrokes: Excellent! Solid satisfying feel from fore and back especially when you hit the sweet spot which is sizable.

Serving: Again, the heft helps with power and the string pattern with spin.

Volley: Solid volleys when you have time to maneuver it and in the right position.

Picked it over Wilson K95, Babolat, and other "newer" technology sticks. It just felt very comfortable. Just right.

Reiteirating someone's sentiment above ..... this is my holy grail.
:)

Regarding the diab mid and strings.... I use signum multi Ultra SF full setup. It lasts me about 12 hrs of play. Longer of course with the Poly Plasma/multi hybrid setup. (semi-western grip, 1hbh, baseliner)

Thanks,
eagle

carTW
06-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Thanks eagle. I've also been searching older posts about it and it does appear that the string last significantly longer than in the POG mid for instance.

Bud
06-03-2008, 07:15 PM
Thanks eagle. I've also been searching older posts about it and it does appear that the string last significantly longer than in the POG mid for instance.

The string pattern is not as open as the POG mid. The frame shape/size is virtually identical, though.

bluetrain4
06-03-2008, 07:26 PM
The string pattern is 16x20 for a 93 sq inch head, so I don't even consider it that "open." But, spin potential is great nonetheless.