PDA

View Full Version : is the TT Warrior MP arm friendly??

tnkGod4tns
03-25-2004, 04:38 PM
thanks.

tschevap
03-25-2004, 11:30 PM
Yes, it is!
It helped me, forgeting the shoulder pains i got, using the Prestige Classic and RD7!

Since i use the Warrior i do not feel even 4hours of intensive match!

Cypo
03-25-2004, 11:43 PM
A friend lost a year to tennis elbow after buying this racquet....

tschevap
03-26-2004, 01:32 AM
I cant believe this (do not misunderstand!), as the Warrior is known as one of the armfriendliest frames out there (see also racquetresearch.com) ...

Do you remember, which string he used to play?
I use a soft strung multi and it gives me absolute armcomfort!

Cypo
03-26-2004, 01:51 AM
I don't know the strings, but your asking reminded me that he had it strung as high as the shop was willing to string it - I'd forgotton that, sorry.

brijoel
03-26-2004, 02:02 AM
yea i dont think id rate it too too harsh, as the stiffness rating is only 67 for the warrior. i have to wonder a bit how you got arm probs from using a prestige or even an rd7 since both of which i more flexible than the warrior from what i remember. was it just an issue with hitting the sweetspot, or....? i dunno, please explain though, im merely interested to know.

tschevap
03-26-2004, 03:03 AM
The problem was not their stiffness but their weight - they are a lot heavier than the Warrior - lifting all that additional weight especially while serving caused major problems in may forearm and my shoulder...
i tried various other rackets, that are a little lighter than the two you mentioned: 300g, Cat10, PD ...but none of them was so good to my arm as the Warrior was and still is!

You are right in terms of the RD7īs stiffness, but stiffness is not the only thing you should look upon while searching for an armfriendly frame!

TennisMD
03-26-2004, 09:37 PM
I have had tennis elbow and foudn the TTW very arm friendly

Morpheus
03-30-2004, 04:25 AM
The warrior may be friendly for some because it is headlight, but it is too stiff for me. I found it to be harsh and unforgiving (like most Prince rackets) and dangerous to my arm.

I gave up on it and when with a softer racket (Volkl).

louis netman
03-30-2004, 01:20 PM
I am an arm sufferer and recently bought one (warrior) to experiment with. I currently use the Precision response Ti- (RDC 65) and although the stats say the Warrior is stiffer (67), it plays more comfortably for some odd reason. I have both weighted to 13 oz and 8pts HL with gut. The warrior is strung at mid on the mains and 4lbs less on the crosses. It has been good to me so far, although the PRti is much more stable on groundies.