PDA

View Full Version : Prince TT Warrior OR Donnay Pro One OS - which Oversize for this all-courter???

CollegeBound
06-02-2008, 02:12 AM
I was looking at a few cheaper oversize racquets to experiment with and decided on the TT Warrior OS and Donnay Pro One OS as the best choices for me. I can't demo either racquet because I live in Australia so I have to take an educated guess about which one will be best and would appreciate some help in making the final choice. Im a 4-4.5 all-court kind of 'no style' player who just plays up or back depending on the situation.

Which of these two racquets only (no substitutes, no other options) do people think is the best all around choice for me ?

CollegeBound
06-02-2008, 11:32 AM
Okay guys, I know that a lot of people have used the Warrior OS in the past so I'd appreciate any thoughts on this one.

Doc Hollidae
06-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Personally for all court play, I'd look at the Radical LE OS before either of these two rackets. Volleys are much better imo with the dense string pattern.

CollegeBound
06-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Doc, I prefer an open string pattern and when I tried the LM Rad OS I didn't like the feel. That's why I've narrowed my choices down to these two. Both open string pattern, both 107sq. Thanks though.

fortunecookiesjc
06-02-2008, 04:19 PM
doc meant the agassi LE OS
the tt warrior is very nice and its light. donnay is supposed to be players oversize racquet and its heavier. id go with donnay

Doc Hollidae
06-02-2008, 08:07 PM
doc meant the agassi LE OS
the tt warrior is very nice and its light. donnay is supposed to be players oversize racquet and its heavier. id go with donnay

Yeah. The LM Rad OS felt like poo.

CollegeBound
06-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Yeah. The LM Rad OS felt like poo.

LOL, I don't think I've heard anyone use 'poo' in a sentence like that since I was 6 LOL.

Sorry for the mix up. In the other thread I started I mentioned that I got to try the Limited Edition Agassi Radical but didnt really gel with it. Really solid and a good deal of power from the baseline but too slow on volleys and I found it a lot slower through the air than the POG OS.

I have hit with the TT Warrior MP and really enjoyed it in all departments except I found it to be way too light to be of much use from the baseline. The spin was good, it volleyed like a demon and was very comfortable but there wasn't enough heft to it . Everything I read says that the OS is better than the MP.

I've got a couple of major concerns with the Donnay OS . Firstly there seems to be a big problem with the grommets. Secondly, in the TW review the two playtesters I listen to the most, Ryan and Danny, raised major concerns about the way it plays. Ryan complained about 'muddy' response on volleys and Danny complained about the lack of power.

dreydey
06-02-2008, 11:19 PM
i would say that you have to supply the power with this racquet it is a powerful racquet no, but it has great control, see me i dont want a powerful racquet, because it messes up my game and makes me scared to hit the ball, this racquet is great., this racquet is more for singles matches than it is for doubles, it volleys good, weight is perfect for this old school design racquet, its very comfortable, it doesn't feel hollow like most new technology racquets feel.

diehard6.0
06-03-2008, 06:59 PM
TT Warrior OS = The only oversize I liked

Pro One OS = Twists on off-center hits, Hard to control