PDA

View Full Version : Making Rackets

dunlop kid
06-02-2008, 04:39 AM
Hello i know ive posted many threads on this similiar subjects but has anyone ever worked in a tennis racket factory making rackets?If so is it cool?
(anyone wishing to bag me about this thread dont bother replying!)

Duzza
06-02-2008, 08:26 AM
I'm not bagging, but I will say that making racquets in a factory would not be cool. It would repetitive, possibly boring, depressing and wouldn't pay well.

flash9
06-02-2008, 08:28 AM
I'm not bagging, but I will say that making racquets in a factory would not be cool. It would repetitive, possibly boring, depressing and wouldn't pay well.

But a factory tour I would think would be cool! :)

Serpententacle
06-02-2008, 08:51 AM
Hello i know ive posted many threads on this similiar subjects but has anyone ever worked in a tennis racket factory making rackets?If so is it cool?
(anyone wishing to bag me about this thread dont bother replying!)

Not a bad question. I would be interested in hearing from a racquet designer/engineer.

flash9
06-02-2008, 08:58 AM
Not a bad question. I would be interested in hearing from a racquet designer/engineer.

At the Grand Slam Stringers Forum that will be held in Orlando, FL in early October, one of the sessions will cover that topic exactly. Here is a quote from the Forum Detail site:
From the Manufacturers Perspective - Ron Rocchi, Principle Designer for Wilson Racquet Sports.
Ask anyone that attended the 2007 GSS Symposium and they'll quickly tell you that Ron absolutely mesmerized his audience with this presentation on the manufacturing process of tennis racquets. Join Ron as he takes you through the process from beginning to end right down to how the graphics are applied to the racquets. This is material rarely revealed, even to industry insiders so you won't want to miss this one! :)

dunlop kid
06-02-2008, 02:27 PM
At the Grand Slam Stringers Forum that will be held in Orlando, FL in early October, one of the sessions will cover that topic exactly. Here is a quote from the Forum Detail site:
From the Manufacturers Perspective - Ron Rocchi, Principle Designer for Wilson Racquet Sports.
Ask anyone that attended the 2007 GSS Symposium and they'll quickly tell you that Ron absolutely mesmerized his audience with this presentation on the manufacturing process of tennis racquets. Join Ron as he takes you through the process from beginning to end right down to how the graphics are applied to the racquets. This is material rarely revealed, even to industry insiders so you won't want to miss this one! :)

That sounds interesting.Thanks guys for the feedback

mary fierce
06-02-2008, 03:04 PM
I'm hoping to go to China next year. Think I'll skip the Great Wall and head for the racquet plant so I can breathe some of those nanotubules.

Duzza
06-03-2008, 02:08 AM
But a factory tour I would think would be cool! :)

Yeah that would be cool. I've always thought being a racquet distributor/whatever you call them would be cool. Working in tennis shops I've seen the guys come in going from store-store just having a nice chat about what's new and how sales and things are going.