PDA

View Full Version : Speedport Tour vs MFil 300

jonolau
06-02-2008, 05:09 AM
Has anyone ever compared both racquets before?

I'm quite attracted by the open string pattern of the Speedport Tour and feel like getting one to try out.

hoosierbr
06-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Have hit both. I liked the SPT better. The MFil 300 felt hollow to me and too light. Nice racquet to add weight to whereas the SPT is pretty well set where it is.

Think the SPT had much better feel than the O3 Tour but not as easy to swing.

If you like the MFil 300 suggest you give the Aerogel 300 a hit if you haven't yet. A much nicer all around racquet I think.

jonolau
06-02-2008, 07:54 PM
Have hit both. I liked the SPT better. The MFil 300 felt hollow to me and too light. Nice racquet to add weight to whereas the SPT is pretty well set where it is.

Think the SPT had much better feel than the O3 Tour but not as easy to swing.

If you like the MFil 300 suggest you give the Aerogel 300 a hit if you haven't yet. A much nicer all around racquet I think.

Great, thanks!

I also have the Aerogel 300 but don't really like it because it has a funny balance.

DonBot
06-02-2008, 08:02 PM
After reading the subject line I thought I would vent some of my hatred for the mfil-300, well at least until I saw Jonolau's signature. I guess someone can make the thing work! But how many packs of lead do you need to make it feel stable?

jonolau
06-02-2008, 08:11 PM
After reading the subject line I thought I would vent some of my hatred for the mfil-300, well at least until I saw Jonolau's signature. I guess someone can make the thing work! But how many packs of lead do you need to make it feel stable?

Ha ha! I actually do like the MFil 300 very much. I like it for the fact that it suits my swing style - I have a long full swing with high racquet head speed, so the MF300's low swing weight puts lots of pace on my groundstrokes. However, the almost neutral balance leaves a little to be desired on volleys.

But this neutral balance also does make serves easy to control and can put nice pace on the ball.

LanEvo
06-02-2008, 08:18 PM
same here for me

jonolau
06-02-2008, 08:54 PM
same here for me

I'm presuming you have the same comments as me! :)

LanEvo
06-02-2008, 09:19 PM
I'm presuming you have the same comments as me! :)

yes, i also love the pop from this racquet and the low power really puts great slice on the ball when u come to net to volley

LanEvo
06-02-2008, 09:22 PM
but ima have to get rid of an mfil 300 soon, sadly i have too many, i dont have enough time to play with them all, i only use 2, while the other 3 just it in my room losing tension as time goes by

jonolau
06-02-2008, 10:21 PM
but ima have to get rid of an mfil 300 soon, sadly i have too many, i dont have enough time to play with them all, i only use 2, while the other 3 just it in my room losing tension as time goes by

What a shame. They are great racquets. What I really like about the MFil 300 is that it goes about doing its job with minimal fuss, and is an understated frame.