PDA

View Full Version : Arm Friendliness: POG OS vs. O3 Tour MP?

marklbucla
06-02-2008, 07:36 AM
I'm looking to switch from the 4 stripe POG OS due to its heavy weight and am seriously considering the O3 Tour MP as a replacement. I see that the O3 is lighter, but it's also got a lower stiffness rating. How do these two frames compare in terms of arm friendliness?

icorp
06-02-2008, 05:08 PM
I own and played with both. They are both arm friendly rackets. My O3 is strung with poly hybrid and its a comfortable hit. But similarities end there. O3 Tour MP is a nice racket and very aerodynamic and a bit on the light side which can be easily customized. It's a string breaker having a very open string pattern with easy access to spin. POG OS is much heavier and I have a hard time swinging the racket as well. It is a more stable racket compared to the O3.

neverstopplaying
06-02-2008, 07:46 PM
I own a POG mid and O3 tour, and though they are not my main frames (yet), I've been hitting with both of them recently and might adopt the 03 Tour as my main stick after a few more matches. I've been playing with TF335s for about 1-1/2 years and I recently decided to try out a few frames from my collection. I really like the POG and hit well with it,but I don't think I can expect any improvements over the TF 335.

Going to a lighter frame with lower swing weight (03 Tour) has offered some game improvement. I'm getting more speed on 1st serves, find it easier to volley and easier to keep up the serve speed after 2 hours of play. Topspin on both sides and BH slice were about the same as the TF.

I've always liked heavier frames and I have a little concern going to 11.x oz frame, but after 5 hours of play, I don't feel any discomfort. It's a little easier on the wrist.

kalic
06-02-2008, 11:17 PM
O3 tour is the most confortable racquet on the market