PDA

View Full Version : polarizing a racquet

rosenstar
06-02-2008, 09:11 AM
so I'm thinking of polarizing a racquet and trying it out. Whats a good racquet to experiment with? I'd like a racquet that I could buy used. any suggestions?

Bud
06-02-2008, 12:53 PM
so I'm thinking of polarizing a racquet and trying it out. Whats a good racquet to experiment with? I'd like a racquet that I could buy used. any suggestions?

Just be careful using the electromagnet :lol:

rosenstar
06-02-2008, 04:07 PM
any other suggestions?

rosenstar
06-03-2008, 11:34 AM
c'mon someone's gotta be able to help me out here

Bud
06-03-2008, 07:13 PM
c'mon someone's gotta be able to help me out here

What exactly are you talking about? Are you referring to tailweighting a racquet?

rosenstar
06-03-2008, 08:57 PM
What exactly are you talking about? Are you referring to tailweighting a racquet?

By polarizing (I think I have the name right), I am refering to the method described in all of the SW2 threads where one has a racquet with a given balance point, and loads up both the tip of the racquet and the but with lead, there by increasing the swing weight while keeping the balance point the same. Run a search for SW2 and you'll find much more info.

I wanted to experiment with this method and was asking for suggestions on what racquet to test it out on.

anirut
06-03-2008, 09:06 PM
As you want to just "test", do your test on any racket you want.

Best would be your main racket as you will be able to feel the change more drastically than on other rackets that you don't normally use.