PDA

View Full Version : Speedport black breaking!

Nellie
06-02-2008, 11:10 AM
I have broken two this year (I am rough with frames!). Mine are breaking around the 10/2 o'clock positions near a close pair of cross/mains holes. Anyone else have similar problems? I like the racquet a lot, but am hesitant to get another replacement.

BreakPoint
06-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Well, you admit that you're rough with frames so wouldn't it be more your fault than the frame's fault? All frames will eventually break if you're rough with them.

Just ask this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c44-R8a8PU8

:lol: LOL

TennisVet
06-02-2008, 12:57 PM
How did you break it?

Nellie
06-02-2008, 12:59 PM
I hit a return of serve cleanly - but it may have already been cracked - I had some chipped paint in that spot.

JetFlyr
06-09-2008, 01:25 PM
I have sent two Blacks back to Prince for replacement this year.

The first one developed a horrible "ping" and vibration I could hear whenever I hit the ball. Prince sent a new replacement.

The replacement broke in the throat area when I really hit out on a return of serve. Prince replaced this raquet as well.

I never abused any of these racquets.

bngnhal
06-09-2008, 06:15 PM
i have broken two of them in the location you spoke of where the knows are tied off as well.....i returned them to prince and they replaced them promptly....one of them i cracked on a routine backhand return and the other on a serve.....had a problem with consistency on groundies so i have since switched back to wilson.

Mansewerz
06-09-2008, 06:23 PM
I've heard lots of stories of these cracking. Hmm, I think prince needs to address this problem before they lose more $ over replacements.

BreakPoint
06-09-2008, 07:51 PM
I've heard lots of stories of these cracking. Hmm, I think prince needs to address this problem before they lose more $ over replacements.
Well, what would you expect when the racquets already comes with huge holes in them? :lol: LOL

But seriously, whenever you put huge holes in the sides of a frame, that's got to affect the frame's structural rigidity. It's like when you cut out a sunroof from the top of your car or remove the top completely in a convertible, the structure won't be as rigid as before.

Il Mostro
06-10-2008, 06:41 AM

With the kazillion times margin on these things, I think there is little chance of them losing $$$.

airdupont
06-10-2008, 01:39 PM
Silly video, this kid needs his butt kicked...he could make poor people happy with that racket!!!!