PDA

View Full Version : Which should I demo?

TennisVet
06-02-2008, 01:48 PM
Both of these seem very good, but I can only demo one of them.

1. Babolat Aeropro Drive Cortex
2. Babolat Pure Storm Tour

In)SpiRe
06-02-2008, 04:51 PM
Playing style?

bladepdb
06-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Yeah it helps if you can detail some of your playing style. I have demo'ed both. I usually hit a flat forehand with occasional top spin, a one-handed backhand with frequent slice, and a flat serve. The Pure Storm Tour was a nice racquet when I tried it out, it had a terrific feel, and I have to say I was surprised at the control it offered.

The APDC was not a bad stick either. In fact, I found it hard to choose between the two (and ended up picking neither in the end :P). The APDC gets alot more spin on the ball, so if you play with more topspin, the APDC helps a lot. The serve on the APDC was a little cleaner as well, I found.

If you like to volley, the Pure Storm Tour had better maneuverability and stability at net; I found the APDC was not as stable as the Pure Storm Tour was at net as it ended up twisting on powerful strokes from my opponent.

I hope this helps give you an idea on what to pick. To be honest, they're both great sticks and they do fit a fairly wide playing style. The APDC is a bit softer feel than the Pure Storm Tour and a lot more people use the APDC than the PST, so you might as well flip a coin or pick shiny vs aerodynamic ;)