PDA

View Full Version : Head MG prestige help

pwnxor
06-02-2008, 03:41 PM
I was wondering which of the three prestige racuqets offer good spin on groudstrokes and serves.

I was also wondering if a 93 square inch frame is hard to get used to?

I was planning on demoing the midplus and pro prestige racquets. I wanted to know which prestige racuqets are most common and which you use and why?

drakulie
06-02-2008, 03:46 PM
here you go:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=175992

fortunecookiesjc
06-02-2008, 03:59 PM
Get the mid. Its not hard to use. I use my Iprestige mids right now and its one of the best thing ive ever used. Its rock solid. Ive never felt more confident playing and doign my strokes with this thing. Swings very nice and i cant feel that its even 12 oz. The MG prestige mid is supposed to be just as great.

pwnxor
06-02-2008, 04:31 PM
I was considering the mid version, but I do not know if it is still packed with a lot of power as the other prestiges(midplus and pro)

fortunecookiesjc
06-02-2008, 04:37 PM
You cant go wrong with the mids. My friends who recently switched to MG prestige mid packs loads of power into their shots. Its the person not the racquet.

Mids very nice. I wasnt used to mids/ midsize till recently and the my prestige mids has helped me with more control and power everywhere.

NLBwell
06-02-2008, 08:05 PM
I've played with mids my whole life, but have never been able to play better than terrible with a Prestige Mid (any version). Played well for several years with the Pro Tour 280 - the only Mid+ racket I've ever been successful with. Demo if you can, everybody has different experiences.

pwnxor
06-03-2008, 07:55 AM
bump...........

rockbox
06-03-2008, 08:53 AM
I was considering the mid version, but I do not know if it is still packed with a lot of power as the other prestiges(midplus and pro)

It has the same power as long as you hit it in the center. Unfortunately for me, I don't always hit in the center which is why I went with the pro.

luv2volley
06-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Generally, the larger the head, the easier to create spin. But then, if you have enough racquet head speed, you also create spin. 93 (or 89.5) is not that hard to use. Currently, I'm alternating between the Microgel Prestige mid with PS85. Yes, the mid is that good.