PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Elastocross Refills (string savers) ??

Bud
06-02-2008, 07:52 PM
How can we convince Babolat to provide refills for their plastic string saver utensils. The money saved from reduced production of the utensil (raw materials, plastic, packaging, etc.) would balance any lost revenue resulting from a refill pack.

I really dislike buying the Babolat string savers because they don't provide enough savers to justify the waste produced. I feel guilty throwing that perfectly fine plastic utensil into the garbage after using the measly 5 lines of string savers they provide per pack.

Call me nutty (actually, don't), but I've reached a point where I'm delaying additional purchases of the product solely because of the waste. I would happily pay the same price for a pack of 10 refill strips, as I would for ANOTHER new plastic utensil with 5 strips.

samster
06-02-2008, 08:29 PM
Good luck trying to convince Babolat.

Bud
06-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Good luck trying to convince Babolat.

I've assigned that task to you :twisted:

Seriously, I'm hoping they hear it through the grape vine. Perhaps, they'll realize how much waste they are producing with the elastocross product and the money they'd end up saving by marketing very small refill packages, as opposed to forcing the customer to purchase a brand new utensil every time they require more string savers.

Personally, I've used at least 20 packages of the elastocross product, over the last 2 years. One plastic utensil to install them would have been sufficient (as they are built much better than the Unique brand - who consequently... sells string saver refill packs).

So, I ended up throwing 19 perfectly fine plastic utensils away... in effect, wasting them. That much waste leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.