PDA

View Full Version : Babolat help! please!

Nachona
06-02-2008, 08:29 PM
HI

im looking forward to buying a new racquet and babolat is my first option i currently use a head liquidmetal 4 and i dont know, I like it but i feel that there's something missing i dont know what though.
Can you help me chose my future racquet?
Here's some information that might be useful

Im 15 years old, I've been playing tenis for a while, my serving sucks!! (there's nothign i can do to improve it :( ) I want somethign that feels good, and has alot of power can you guys please help me? btw im right handed, i don't know how does that help but...

I've been thinking about

Pure storm
Aeropro drive ( the one that nadal uses)
pure drive standard with cortex

andy roddick's pure drive with cortex.

which one do you think is best for me?

please dont just answer demo the racquets.

kerxny
06-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Rackets aren't gonna help you improve your serve.

What are you?

Baseliner?
Serve-and-volley?

Nachona
06-02-2008, 08:31 PM
*********** choose

Nachona
06-02-2008, 08:32 PM
baseliner..........

bladepdb
06-02-2008, 08:40 PM
For your age and style I would say the APD or the Pure Drive Standard may be best for you. In fact, the only real difference between the two would be the cortex system and the aero frame design on the APD. Pure Drive Roddick might be a little harder to handle, but this is really where the "demo" part comes into play. In all due honesty, everyone here can give you advice on what can do what and what racquet suits your game, but in the end you need to pick your own based on how it plays with you.

In fact, I thought the APD would suit my heavy topspin baseline game on paper and I ended up picking a racquet far different than the APD (K6.1 Tour) to help me balance my overall game rather than just improve baselining.

kerxny
06-02-2008, 08:41 PM
That's what happened to me - on paper I was a mid user, but I find my game much more fun and better when I use my APDC.

crash1929
06-02-2008, 10:15 PM
honestly try the pd+. i feel all raquets have strenghts an weaknesses. for example my ncode90 hit amazin slice bh's but it was hard for me to hit the two hander drive. the forehand was a real weapon but I couldn't get enought raquet head speed for a very fast serve. So my serve was slower, but it has better control so my placement was better. For some reason I never missed an overhead with this raquet either.

However the pd+ and babolats in general are raquets that I've found don't have any deal breaker type weaknesses, while at the same time they have some reallstrong selling points.For example: with pd+ I have a much faster serve placement is ok. My forehand is strong. Bh drive is strong, bh slice not as strong ok. Volleys ok but not very much tuch. Great all around raquet. Of course you can tell this by looking around the courts. ok thats enought i'm tired. hope this helped.

crash1929
06-02-2008, 10:19 PM
oh i add some lead tape at 3/9 and string it at 70lbs with hurricane.

Ross K
06-02-2008, 10:34 PM
IMO, from your description I'd recommend the older Pure Storm, the APD, the PD, and maybe the Pure Storm Tour (not 100 per cent sure as I'm not so familiar with this one.) I'd stay away (for now) from the PDR (a little immobile), and Plus size frames (a little more tricky to get accustomed to), until you're a tad older. Maybe the older Pure Controls would be worth checking out sometime too - (I've enjoyed rediscovering these recently - I think they are my fave Bab stick ever) - however, not sure if they'd suit you at this present moment. Anyway, good luck...

BTW, Use the search function! There's untold amounts of info re to Bab frames.

BTW2, If you do get a Bab, be warned: your topspin technique better be very good indeed or your balls WILL be overhit!