PDA

View Full Version : if it wasnt for TW, I would own my own home right now

jorel
06-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Thanks!!!!..

Capt. Willie
06-03-2008, 02:09 PM
The way house values are falling they have done you a favor. So look at it this way, TW has actually saved you money.

lethalfang
06-03-2008, 02:48 PM
Thanks!!!!..

TW thanks you for funding the Gimelstob commercial. :lol:

goober
06-03-2008, 04:09 PM
if it wasnt for TW, I would own my own home right now
Thanks!!!!..

Home ownership is overrated.

Your tennis game is probably overrated as well, but at least you look good doing it. :)

BreakPoint
06-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Who needs a house anyway? If you were a real tennis player, you'd live on the tennis court. ;)

jorel
06-04-2008, 05:11 AM
Who needs a house anyway? If you were a real tennis player, you'd live on the tennis court. ;)

i could build a little dog house

skraggle
06-04-2008, 06:45 AM
I know a local guy who has a tennis court as his entire backyard. Steps right from the house onto the baseline.

El Diablo
06-04-2008, 07:26 AM
A guy down the street from me has a red clay court in his backyard that's almost never used. He and his wife loved the house, and the court was there when they found it. They actually keep the court up, having it re-done every year by the appropriate professionals.

Cup8489
06-04-2008, 07:35 AM
A guy down the street from me has a red clay court in his backyard that's almost never used. He and his wife loved the house, and the court was there when they found it. They actually keep the court up, having it re-done every year by the appropriate professionals.

:shock::shock:

man.....i wish i had a clay court in my backyard...i've played on the green stuff, but never the red...i loved the green though. perfect for my topspin shots :)

El Diablo
06-04-2008, 08:07 AM
Not much of a difference, except that the red clay never comes out of your socks; the Har-Tru washes out nicely. Slightly larger diameter particles with the green.

rommil
06-04-2008, 10:14 AM
Thanks!!!!..

Then again if you had a house you'd be mowing the lawn, fixing things here and there you won't be able to play tennis.

BreakPoint
06-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Not much of a difference, except that the red clay never comes out of your socks; the Har-Tru washes out nicely. Slightly larger diameter particles with the green.
So do the pros or people that play a lot on red clay just throw away their socks after they play every time and wear new socks each time they play? How about the shoes and clothes?

That's another reason why I'm glad I don't play on red clay because I would go broke buying even more new clothes/socks/shoes all the time and I buy a lot already.

TW Staff
06-04-2008, 12:35 PM
So do the pros or people that play a lot on red clay just throw away their socks after they play every time and wear new socks each time they play? How about the shoes and clothes?

That's another reason why I'm glad I don't play on red clay because I would go broke buying even more new clothes/socks/shoes all the time and I buy a lot already.

You just wear them stained. It's not so bad as everyone else looks the same.

Chris, TW.

BreakPoint
06-04-2008, 12:43 PM

Chris, TW.
Hmmm......perhaps I should start a company that makes and sells red clay colored socks so the stains never show. ;-)

davey
06-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Hmmm......perhaps I should start a company that makes and sells red clay colored socks so the stains never show. ;-)

Maybe you could get Curt Schilling to endorse your red socks.

njjohan
06-04-2008, 01:07 PM
:shock::shock:

man.....i wish i had a clay court in my backyard...i've played on the green stuff, but never the red...i loved the green though. perfect for my topspin shots :)
I'm the opposite - can't stand american clay/ har-tru. doesn't feel gritty enough, whereas euro-clay...does? point is, red clay all the way :)

ClubHoUno
06-05-2008, 02:42 PM

Chris, TW.

In my country, the red dust marks on your newly washed socks and almost new expensive tennis shoes is actually a sign that you play tennis and not just wear the tennis cloths around town to look like a tennis player :twisted: