PDA

View Full Version : Demo Racquets question

DaveG
06-03-2008, 01:19 PM
I am looking at a couple of Racquets on **** and some of them say "used Demo" or "Bought as Demo". What does that mean? Is there any difference in that versus just a "used" one?

TennisFonz
06-03-2008, 02:18 PM
I think a "used demo" is exactly that and "bought as a demo" can either mean that it's a used demo or it could be one that was shipped from a racquet company that was intended to be a demo but there's no real difference between the demos and regular frames. Sometimes Demos will say "DEMO" somewhere on the frame.

Alexio92
06-03-2008, 02:40 PM
Well yeh it was used as a demo.
Now I know what head are doing by keeping the wrapping on the handle with an overgrip and using protective tape.
Thanks

jimbo525
06-03-2008, 03:17 PM
demo usually has some special strings or the perferred string and is tuned so it would work for everyone. The demos at my store have their grips off.

jimbo525
06-03-2008, 03:19 PM
they have the wrap on their grip off*

Nellie
06-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Demos are specially marked racquest (labeled "demo"). They are sold to stores at a lower price with the assumption that the store will lend, not sell. A racquet bought as a demo is usually identical to any other racuet. Sometimes, you see paint chips, flaws. If the raquest was used as a demo, it may have a lot of wear and tear.

LanEvo
06-03-2008, 07:43 PM
not necessarily i bought a new demo racquet from tw because they were sellin new demo nps's at one point and i purchased one and it was brand new the only flaw was demo stamped on it

ledor
06-03-2008, 09:29 PM
I have a Diablo with a Demo on it. I don't feel any difference to the Original one. So if you want it, go get it.