PDA

View Full Version : all courter looking for a comfortable raccquet

bumblebee
06-03-2008, 08:51 PM
yea, i think the t-fight 320 isn't the one for me. Its given me some serious injuries ( i had to go to a doctor, take time off, ice, and the whole mess...) and i string that stuff with NATURAL GUT!!! when i hit with other racquets, most don't have that strange bzzzzzzz feeling all the way up to my shoulder whenever i hit a ball.
so..... im a 15 yr old kid with a strange playing style (my hitting buddies seem to enjoy this for some reason...)
Strengths:
backhand:i have a two hander (my coach says i hit it like nalbandian, he wanted me to hit it like safin, but somehow it ended up like nalbos XD), i slice one handed, i can slice it deep, float it, or mess up on it..
volley: drop volley one of my best shots, i like being up at the net cuz imm prtty tall and the rest of people think its "noobish" to hit lobs, so i get a lot of easy balls.
kick serve: i saw edberg/rafter hit them on youtube, and i was like "DANG!!!! i gotta learn that"... so i did, and its good now.
Weakness:
forehand:soooo inconsistant wit this thing... when its on, i can bang out winners, but usually, its a piece of crap that kills me....
movement: horrible...
contact: im getting prrty good w/ this, but still a slight weakness
what im looking for is a racquet with a 90~98 headsize, lots of feel, COMFORT!!!!!!!!!!!!! (this is important) maneuverable, good for serve and volley/all court... i want control though...
thinking about: dunlop aerogel 100/200, babolat pure storm limited.
not thinking about:head, tecnifibre, fischer,
wilsons not bad, im open for everything except the ones above (its personal, plz don't ask, but if there is a REALLY good racquet ur dying to tell me about, then fine, go ahead :D)
im good for strings, i know a lot about them, string my own racquets
kk thankyou!!!!

tenniskillz
06-03-2008, 09:01 PM
i would recommend the pure storm limited. on my outing with it, it seems to give me power when i need to hit spin but enough control to angle and smash winners at my disposal. Serving with it is a little tough if u don't have a lot of power but with a good string set up, the racket should give u strong kick and fair power with really good control/placement. only problem is getting your hands on one! lol

m1stuhxsp4rk5
06-03-2008, 09:06 PM
you got to get the k90 awesome racket

msc886
06-03-2008, 09:08 PM
The Wilson 6.1series are good all round racquets.

In D Zone
06-03-2008, 09:09 PM
Check out Volkl DNX 10 mid and the Tour 10 VE mid. These should be great on your arm.

Both offers flex frames and great contol - DNX 10 mid has more umph and Tour 10VE Mid has super control. These are great on the net and very manuverable for an all court player.

anirut
06-03-2008, 09:25 PM
Give the Redondo (mid & MP) a demo.

You really rip, you can really touch, you can really do all sorts of shots with it.

The thing is that it's very flexy. And that gives you the comfort you need. It may not have all the power in the world but it works very well with good strings.

BTW, it's got 18x20 string pattern. Don't know if you'll like that.

Anton
06-03-2008, 09:28 PM
To me it sounds like you have technique, not gear issues.

Have a good instructor take a look at your forehand - or at least tape it and put it up for people to comment on youtube

rfprse
06-03-2008, 09:34 PM
Try donnay pro one mid plus.
It is comfortable, it would be a good match for your kick serve and it has pretty much all of what you're looking for as listed in your post.

ohhgourami
06-03-2008, 10:00 PM
from the reviews around here, it seems that the t-fight 320 is a very stable and arm friendly racquet.

i agree with anton, it could be technique.

ledor
06-03-2008, 10:28 PM
i vote pure storm tour or Kblade.

vndesu
06-04-2008, 12:47 AM
if you wanna trade your tfight i got a diablo or pure storm.
storm is alot more comfortable than the diablo tho

email me if interested

jaykay
06-04-2008, 07:30 AM
For comfort and all-court play, I found the RDX500 (both Mid and Mid+), very hard to beat. These 2 frames; the Mid and the Mid+, behave very differently from each other but are very sweet.

bumblebee
06-04-2008, 09:53 AM
the thing is its not tecnique, as it doesn't hurt when i hit with other rackets...
and my coach and my coach's sub coach(philip stephens, hes a good college player, look him up, hes one of the only ones to get like two awards at the same time as a freshman...) said that there's nothing wrong with my form, except for my tendency to hit the serve low
so yea XD
so.. im thinkin bout rdx500, pure storm limited

matchmaker
06-04-2008, 11:28 AM
Well on this type of questions everyone will answer by suggesting his favorite racquet to you.

So will I: Donnay Pro 1 Int'l. Why? It is cheap, has great control, decent power on command and is a good alround racquet. It is simply a great, classic, IMO easy to play with racquet.

I wouldn't go for the Redondo Mid, Volkl VE 10 mid or RDX 500 mid. Those racquets are all reputed to be underpowered. They all all great racquets, with exceptional feel, but not really suited for the modern game. I can confirm that by personal experience.

Take a good MP frame and work with it.

However if you have a problem with your forehand, that seems to be an issue of technical nature.

bumblebee
06-04-2008, 11:33 AM
its not my tecnique, it just hurts when i hit it, but dat might be because of my messed up wrist...
yea, ill take a look at my tecnique again though, (btw, who has a good forehand thats not too wristy that i can kind of look into on tour?)
and powers not a problem, im prrty big lol

bumblebee
06-04-2008, 07:10 PM
.. anybody else???

ChuDat
06-04-2008, 07:24 PM
whats the string pattern of your 320?

Anton
06-04-2008, 07:29 PM
its not my tecnique, it just hurts when i hit it, but dat might be because of my messed up wrist...

uhh yea that maybe it :neutral:

bumblebee
06-04-2008, 08:12 PM
18*20
and no it jst doesnt turn as much as it used to, its ok now.

Djokovicfan4life
06-04-2008, 08:18 PM
If you decide to go with something like a K90 then I would definitely try before you buy. It's not for everyone, that's for sure.

Why not try a Fischer? You're missing out, man! :(

bumblebee
06-04-2008, 08:20 PM
its a thing btwn my cousin an me, tried it, hated it for some reason...

Djokovicfan4life
06-04-2008, 08:21 PM
its a thing btwn my cousin an me, tried it, hated it for some reason...

Which one? It's not like they're all the same.

bumblebee
06-04-2008, 08:39 PM
the one u have

ChuDat
06-04-2008, 08:41 PM
give the nblade a try

bumblebee
06-04-2008, 09:04 PM
do they even sell those anymore?
anybody w/ info dunlop rackets??

babolatisduhbomb
06-04-2008, 09:09 PM
you got to get the k90 awesome racket

no thats a bad racqet for him

babolatisduhbomb
06-04-2008, 09:12 PM
the k blade 98 is nice and also the k six one team and if u want a heavier racqet get the k six one 95.or if u dont like wilson racqets i would get the aeropro drive

bumblebee
06-04-2008, 09:19 PM
is it good for volleying though??
i remember tryin it out, and it felt very powerful...

bee
06-04-2008, 10:06 PM
If you want an arm friendly racquet, the Head Perstige line is very good. the absolutely more arm friendly I've found is the Liquid Metal Mid strung with natural gut at about 55 pounds. However, it's soemwhat hard to get the spin you need to keep the ball down in the court.

Right now, my main racquet is the older Protour 280 which makes it easier to control the ball with spin, due to it's slightly larger head size and other factors.

Wislon's and Babolats tend to be harder on the arm for me.

Good luck with it.

Bee