PDA

View Full Version : is there a mid+ has great power and control

Arbartrator
06-03-2008, 09:36 PM
and has a headsize of 95-100

RestockingTues
06-03-2008, 09:44 PM
First of all, I have to point out that you're contradicting yourself, and that you're contradicting yourself. Mid+ IS usually 95 sq. in to 100; and that you cannot have a lot of power in a racket and at the same time possess incredible control.
Control means that the racket generates less power, and you will have to generate it yourself with your strokes.
A lot of power means that the racket will do much of the work for you, thus requiring less effort on your part.

herosol
06-03-2008, 09:45 PM
First of all, I have to point out that you're contradicting yourself, and that you're contradicting yourself. Mid+ IS usually 95 sq. in to 100; and that you cannot have a lot of power in a racket and at the same time possess incredible control.
Control means that the racket generates less power, and you will have to generate it yourself with your strokes.
A lot of power means that the racket will do much of the work for you, thus requiring less effort on your part.

truth.
it's like on tennis channel where the players talk about their strings or racket

"I like this racket/string because it gives me alot of power and control"
-Every Tennis Player on Television

RestockingTues
06-03-2008, 09:46 PM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=160692&highlight=racket+guide
You should check out j0llyroger's racket selection guide to clarify any misconceptions you may have about tennis rackets.

As a follow-up though, you CAN compromise between the two; for a good mix of power/control I'd recommend the Roddick Pure Drives.

Ross K
06-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Virtually all decent MP's from across the range of brands have these qualities (or would claim to.) You need to refine your question. Furthermore, if you say something about your level and style, etc, it would help people in terms of advising you.

Arbartrator
06-03-2008, 09:47 PM
which catagory will microgel extreme pro fall under

RestockingTues
06-03-2008, 09:47 PM
truth.
it's like on tennis channel where the players talk about their strings or racket

"I like this racket/string because it gives me alot of power and control"
-Every Tennis Player on Television

Commentators need to make a point of that on TV; maybe Bud Collins would be less annoying if he said "it's not the racket that gives you a rocket forehand, its your damn stroke" instead of BSing his way through a match.
Maybe.

RestockingTues
06-03-2008, 09:48 PM
which catagory will microgel extreme pro fall under

I say it's A LOT closer to control than it is to power.

Ross K
06-03-2008, 09:52 PM
s a follow-up though, you CAN compromise between the two; for a good mix of power/control I'd recommend the Roddick Pure Drives.

Completely disagree. The PDR is not only slightly immobile and cumbersome, it's EXTREMELY powerful, and has a 'debatable' control capacity... IMO.

Deuce
06-04-2008, 12:14 AM
you cannot have a lot of power in a racket and at the same time possess incredible control.
WHAT??!!?!

You mean that all the racquet companies have been lying to us for the past 20 years????!

nickb
06-04-2008, 04:44 AM
Fischer Pro No1

rosewall4ever
06-04-2008, 06:02 AM
it all relative man....one can say (ahem raquet companies) "loads of power" and to others its **** weak. go figure

Mercury_J
06-04-2008, 06:51 AM
No tennis racquet has LOADS of power AND control, but if you want a good balance between the two, try out the nTour or K Tour. There are others of course, but those are the two I found to give the best balance.

Tennisman912
06-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Arbartrator,

It is tough to combine power and control into one frame but if I had to pick one racquet for someone with those qualities I would recommend the K95 18x20. It has the tight, control oriented string bed and decent pop. If you can handle the 340 swing weight AND still play your best, it is a hard racquet to beat (in my humble opinion).

And I would agree with Ross K in that a pure drive roddick is too stiff to be considered a control racquet (in my opinion). To each his own, but we could debate this forever and still not make any progress.

Go out and demo a few and make your decision. You playing level also has an large influence on what would be recommended as well. At the end of the day, what is best for me or anyone may not necessarily be what is best for you.

Good luck

TM

Gmedlo
06-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Am I the only one that thinks that people sound like a broken record when they spout the lower power = more control doctrine? How the hell is a racquet that has more power harder to place the ball with than one with less power? If you adapt to one, it's going to be harder to place the ball in the same spot with a different racquet.

In most cases, racquets that are more stable, and therefore more controlled since the racquet won't twist as much, have a higher swingweight or more weight in the head, making them more powerful than their less stable, less controlled counterparts.

PROTENNIS63
06-05-2008, 04:27 AM
Volkl C10 Pro.

the Town Sherif
06-05-2008, 05:19 AM
microgel prestig pro

babolat141
06-05-2008, 05:25 AM
would the apdc be a more power than control racket?

Serpententacle
06-05-2008, 05:34 AM

I think the apd possesses both good power and control. That could be what the OP should consider.

nickb
06-05-2008, 06:33 AM

Power. Its a babolat.

Duzza
06-05-2008, 06:45 AM
I think my n6.1 95's do a good job on both fronts.

rasajadad
06-05-2008, 07:28 AM
If there was such a racquet, everyone would be using it. In fact, I'd like an O/S with great power, control, and spin.