PDA

View Full Version : Has Federer ever played on Suzanne Leglen before?

babbette
06-04-2008, 07:37 AM
I'm just wondering because he's playing on Suzanne Leglen right now. Has he played anywhere other than Centre court before?

If not I hope it's to do with the fact that they wanted the French player Monfils on Centre and not to do with the fact that they believe he's now invincible like everyone else.:(

luckyboy1300
06-04-2008, 08:02 AM
on his first match against querry they played on lenglen

srvnvly
06-04-2008, 08:03 AM
I had the same question when I was catching live scoring updates; didn't know that about the Querry match either; has Nadal, at least in this year's tournament?

luckyboy1300
06-04-2008, 08:29 AM
I had the same question when I was catching live scoring updates; didn't know that about the Querry match either; has Nadal, at least in this year's tournament?

i believe one time, where they were playing simultaneously; fed on chatrier and nadal on lenglen. that was on 2nd or 3rd round i think

Moose Malloy
06-04-2008, 08:34 AM
guys this isn't a big deal. both wimbledon & the french put the big names on both center court & #1, they have been doing it for many years to fed & others. low ranked french players often get on center court, even when the #1 is playing that day.

The USO & AO though never put Fed & Nadal on courts other than the main court(except for that rainy week in '06 that forced them both to stadium 2 for one of their matches at the USO)

babbette
06-04-2008, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the replies.