PDA

View Full Version : Please, need help with my demo options

Goodgetter
06-04-2008, 11:01 AM
I really need help with my demo choices. Just got off the phone with TW and was recommended 4 different racquets.

Here's some background:
I'm a 3.5 player. I'm 6.3 inches tall and should be a serve and vollyer, but my serve is all over the place, hence I stay back and mostly play from the baseline. Two handed backhand, can hit with some top spin but nothing to brag about. Moderate swing speed, moderate power, in fact I'm pretty moderate across the board. I plan to take some lessons in addition to the 3 times I play each week. Once my serve is under control, I hope to do some more vollying.

I currently play with a 1995 Prince Graphite. It's a bit heavy at 12+ oz strung, with a 107" head size. I'm thinking of going down to a tweener racquet around 100" head, and 11 oz weight. I'm looking for something I can grow with and take to the next level.

Here's what the TW rep suggested:

Babolat Pure Drive Plus
Wilson K Factor KBlade 98
Wilson nPro Open nCode
Dunlop M-Fil 300
Head MicroGEL Radical

I hope to demo 3 racquets next week from TW. Any suggestions or comments would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

E.

njjohan
06-04-2008, 12:14 PM
The only racket there I've played with is the pure drive, and its serving power and spin is great, volleys not so much (although my volleying is pretty lousy) and groundstrokes are good. Can cause arm problems, but with arm friendly string, its fine.

Goodgetter
06-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Do you think the Pure Drive would give me arm problems after weilding my 12+ oz Prince Graphite? I think the PD weighs in just above 11 oz.

Any other comments or suggestions?

Thanks,

E.

njjohan
06-04-2008, 11:24 PM
Hard to say - I rarely had arm problems, and I think when I did that one time, it was a random tendonitis flare-up. Also, apparently, it depends on your strokes.

dreydey
06-05-2008, 12:12 AM
why u changing from the Prince

Goodgetter
06-05-2008, 05:21 AM
To be honest, the Prince gets a bit heavy after an hour's play. I also want to have 2 racquets with the same specs, and Prince doesn't make this exact racquet anymore.

PROTENNIS63
06-05-2008, 05:26 AM
Becker Pro is a nice frame.

dreydey
06-05-2008, 11:51 AM
donnay pro one is a good option same specs as the prince but a little lighter same thin beam,same everything