PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Aeropro series stiffness question

musettawaltz
01-17-2005, 03:14 PM
Chris/Don/TW Staffs,

In the TW website, the flex rating for Aeropro Drive (+) is 67 and the flex rating for Aeropro Control (+) is 70. When I checked several Asian and European sites, however, they are 72 for both models. Could you check and confirm these figures? Thanks.

monologuist
01-17-2005, 05:45 PM
those stats would bear out in the way they played IMO, after demoing them for one session. THe Drive plays softer than the original PD for some reason. THe Control felt stiffer, firmer, but also more solid. Surprisingly, the Control also felt more powerful. The Drive + I received had a 3pt. headlight balance, much different than the advertised specs of 6-8 pt.s headlight, and was consequently much less maneuverable than I would have thought. Conversely, the Control + I received weighed only 11.7-11.8 oz., as opposed to the 12.0 oz. spec., was 8 pts. headlight, and swung lighter than the Drive +!

musettawaltz
01-17-2005, 06:34 PM
Thanks, Monologuist. It is great to hear from someone who actually played with them.

Interestingly, those Asian and European websites list that the balance of Aeropro Drive + is 3-4 points headlight, which is consistent with your experience.

Also, interesting to hear that Aeropro Control + felt more powerful than its Drive brother.

TW Staff
01-18-2005, 12:07 PM
Our specs are taken from the racquets we have here at TW. They are also strung specs. A strung racquet will have a lower stiffness rating when compared to an unstrung racquet. However, a strung racquet should be less head light (more head heavy) compared to an unstrung one, so something is up, here. I will double-check our specs.

Chris, TW.