PDA

View Full Version : TTC coverage - can you please show a complete match?

Defcon
06-04-2008, 11:10 AM
TTC has now decided that long commercial breaks and showing Justin Gimelslob + Leif Shiras talking nonsense is better than showing a live men's QF, and when they come back they'll skip whole games. We are also treated to warmups and previews of the 2nd QF, and some lame women's match, while Fed-Gonzo are still playing.

bluescreen
06-04-2008, 11:19 AM
i had no problem with the way they handled coverage today. they showed the safina match during the important moments (end of the second set and end of the match) and switched to federer's match promptly when that match was done. they only had gimelstob and shiras talking at the end because their coverage was over and espn probably didnt want them to show the ferrer match.

your title is actually quite contradictory. the women's match started before federer, so according to u they shouldve showed that whole match and not show any of federer during it. of course, if u prefer, they could just show taped coverage like espn loves to do.

Defcon
06-04-2008, 11:32 AM
They skipped games due to commercial breaks too. On the whole I'm happy with TTC, much better than ESPN, I guess this is just nitpicking :)

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
06-04-2008, 11:46 AM
I 2nd that motion. Yesterday and the day before, I just gave up. Just when it was getting to a crucial part (nearing set point), they would switch over to a women's match they'd already played a number of times, and during a slow part no less. I stopped watching during the afternoons and evenings totally. I hate the constant switching around. It's too bad they couldn't give a definite schedule such as: Channel 200 (for example) replaying the 2nd women's QF at such and so time, men's 1st QF at this time. I saw Ivanovich's match way more times than I wanted to the other day. I know they can't do it the whole time, but I do like the mix channel set-up TTC first goes with.