PDA

View Full Version : Working with lead tape.

bluetrain4
06-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Is there any significant danger, short of eating it.

I mean, there is contact with the skin when you're applying it, but I would imagine that the contact period is too short and any trace amounts of led that enter the body are too minimal to cause any problems.

nickb
06-04-2008, 02:04 PM
This issue has been covered about 1000 times...lead tape is not at all harmful in any way...if it was it would not be sold. Just dont eat it.

obnoxious2
06-04-2008, 02:16 PM
This issue has been covered about 1000 times...lead tape is not at all harmful in any way...if it was it would not be sold. Just dont eat it.

Or touch your eyes while using them. Just wash your hands thoroughly when your done. Honestly, lead tape is just a slightly thicker version of aluminimun foil IMO

feyya
06-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Or touch your eyes while using them. Just wash your hands thoroughly when your done. Honestly, lead tape is just a slightly thicker version of aluminimun foil IMO

I have to disagree with the aluminum foil comment. We wouldnt wrap are food with it if it was a thin layer of lead. Correct me if i'm wrong.

BullDogTennis
06-04-2008, 02:33 PM
if your really worried just wear rubber gloves, but the little you'd be using. and provided you dont eat it, lick it, rub it all over you you'll be fine.