PDA

View Full Version : Tecnifibre question

njjohan
06-04-2008, 11:08 AM
So on the Tecnifibre website, prior to the unveiling of the Tfight and Tflash lines, the Tflash was recommended for serve and volley-ers whereas the Tfight for baseliners. However, I've heard that the Tflash 310 is basically a refined Pure Drive with slightly more control. Getting down to my question, in comparison either to each other or the Pure Drive, which more pace potential for serving, the Tflash 310 or the Tfight 320? Also, which would you recommend for a 3.5-4.0 baseliner?

tfm1973
06-04-2008, 11:18 AM
i've hit with both. i found the t-flash to be more stiff and have a bit more pop than i like. great control but just a smidge too much power for my tastes. i'm playing with the tfight 320 now. still great control but power is more predictable - you get what you put in. i'm a 4.0 all court player. obviously you should demo both if they are on your list.

oddly tecnifibre categorizes the tfights as baseliners racquets and tflash as net hugger racquets. i've found them both equally good at both. don't get sucked into marketing mumbo jumbo. just play with em. also not sure i like the new paintjobs. eh.

njjohan
06-04-2008, 11:29 AM
well they are both firmly on my list, but i can't get hold of them for demoing. what's the spin potential like on either one?

tfm1973
06-04-2008, 11:51 AM
i found spin to be heavier with the tfights. spinniest racquet i've ever hit with is the aeropro drive cortex. let's say that's a 10. i would say my tfights are 8.5-ish in spin potential.

having said that -- spin is generated mostly by your stroke. the racquet itself has less to do with spin.

you're in luck!!!!!! it seems there is this site called TennisWarehouse.com -- i just looked and you can demo these racquets! check it out!

njjohan
06-04-2008, 12:03 PM
yeah, but I live in the UK and shipping really isn't that cheap