PDA

View Full Version : POG mid to TFight 335 ?

sruckauf
06-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Hello all. I've been using a POG mid now for a very long time. I still love it, but would like to try to move to more modern frame if the advantages add up.

I've been reading about the Tecnifibre TFight 335 (16x20). Think this might be a comparable stick to try? I have recently been trying a more closed string pattern racquet with the Prestige Midplus, which has a tremendous feel, but I can't get used to the closed string pattern.

If you have any others suggestions, I'd love to hear it.. Thanks for your input.

Edit: Also considering the Prince O3 Tour since it's another thin-beam frame.. any experience with that is cool also.

POGforEver
06-04-2008, 02:08 PM
This stick has a ton of power with the open pattern

If you are serious about getting out of the POG then try the TFlight 320 XL, tried it out a few weeks ago and loved it, its has very good access to spin even though its an 18 x 20 string pattern. Also the Prestige Pro is a great stick too. Just go demo crazy and good luck!

Oh yeah, let me know if you want to get rid of those POGs anytime soon, dsilva2@bryant.edu

NLBwell
06-04-2008, 07:10 PM
I play the POG Mid (20th anniv) and tried the TFight 335. I thought for a mid+ racket it played well as a racket I could transition to. My review is here:

Technifibre 335 review:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=196090

Still a possibility that I could shift to it.

Tried the O3 tour and thought it felt terrible on impact with the ball - couldn't get past that.

sruckauf
06-05-2008, 06:29 AM
Thanks a ton for both of your posts. Sounds like a stick I should try. I appreciate it.

sruckauf
06-05-2008, 06:31 AM
One more related ? on this..

Grip shape.. since you've both played with the Prince and the Tecnifibre, would you mind commenting on the grip shape of the TFight? Meaning, is it more rounded like the Prince line or is it more rectangular like the Heads? Thanks.

mishin900
06-05-2008, 08:16 AM
One more related ? on this..

Grip shape.. since you've both played with the Prince and the Tecnifibre, would you mind commenting on the grip shape of the TFight? Meaning, is it more rounded like the Prince line or is it more rectangular like the Heads? Thanks.

I'm a TF335 user and the grip shape of Tecnifibre is in between round shape and rectangular shape. It's not round, but it's not rectangular like the Heads.

sruckauf
06-05-2008, 08:35 AM
I'm a TF335 user and the grip shape of Tecnifibre is in between round shape and rectangular shape. It's not round, but it's not rectangular like the Heads.

Awesome. Thanks a ton..

nyc
06-05-2008, 08:47 AM

POG (4 3/8 ) on left, TF320 (4 1/4) on right...

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w287/nyctennis07/grips.jpg

sruckauf
06-05-2008, 09:02 AM
POG (4 3/8 ) on left, TF320 (4 1/4) on right...

woohoo! Now that is service. Thanks very much.

neverstopplaying
06-05-2008, 06:34 PM
Sruckauf, are you my twin brother?

I've been playing with a TF335 for about 1.5 years. I love this stick for everything. Just for fun, two weeks ago I took out 2 POG mids and an 03 Tour for what I new would be an easy match. I started out with the POG and though maybe I would switch to it for while. It was pretty easy to adapt to and I enjoyed the heft and extra spin.

Then I tried the 03 Tour. I really appreciated the lighter weight, which was surprising since I never understood posters complained about 12oz+ sticks. Anyway, my serve was faster, it was easier to volley, and I noticed it was easier to line up my shots. I bought a 2nd O3 Tour yesterday.

I believe you've got 3 good racquet choices.