PDA

View Full Version : Is the K-Blade 98 considered a players racquet?

feyya
06-04-2008, 01:21 PM
As stated in title.

Gmedlo
06-04-2008, 01:36 PM
yes... but why does it matter?

feyya
06-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Gmeldo, jw.

bluetrain4
06-04-2008, 02:05 PM
I actually think that a lot of TW posters are having an identity crisis over whether their sticks are considered "players" frames.

I'm a decent player who generally uses thin-beamed frames in the 12.2 oz range (classic "player" specs according to many), and just got destroyed by an ex-college player who uses a 10.8 oz Wilson H Tour.

It really doesn't matter.

fleetparadox
06-04-2008, 02:16 PM
I actually think that a lot of TW posters are having an identity crisis over whether their sticks are considered "players" frames.

I'm a decent player who generally uses thin-beamed frames in the 12.2 oz range (classic "player" specs according to many), and just got destroyed by an ex-college player who uses a 10.8 oz Wilson H Tour.

Amen.

Didn't Agassi and Chang use Oversized frames.

feyya
06-04-2008, 03:03 PM

I know what you are talking about, but that doesnt describe me. As i stated before, i am just wondering. If i was as you were describing, i would use the K90 without even demoing.

Babb
06-04-2008, 03:05 PM
My Speedport Blue is most definitely a player's frame. ;)

But really, who cares about whether it's a player's frame or not? The player makes the frame what it is... not the other way around.

And yes, a KBlade in any variation is a player's frame to me.

nickb
06-04-2008, 03:22 PM
IMO its not.

But who cares...its kind of strange that you made this thread.

feyya
06-04-2008, 03:24 PM
IMO its not.

But who cares...its kind of strange that you made this thread.

lol, y is it strange?

nickb
06-04-2008, 03:29 PM
lol, y is it strange?

Because you are trying to make your self feel better and hoping people think it is a players racket....it really does not matter.

feyya
06-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Because you are trying to make your self feel better and hoping people think it is a players racket....it really does not matter.

woah, woah, woah, hold your horses cowboy. If i was in depression maybe that would be what i was trying to do. Please dont eat me alive for asking a question.

AlpineCadet
06-04-2008, 03:34 PM
I wouldn't worry about labels. The PD and the APD are considered tweener rackets, but try telling that to Roddick/Nadal, lol.

nickb
06-04-2008, 03:34 PM
woah, woah, woah, hold your horses cowboy. If i was in depression maybe that would be what i was trying to do. Please dont eat me alive for asking a question.

So why did you ask it then?

feyya
06-04-2008, 03:35 PM
So why did you ask it then?

cause i was JW

stanfordtennis alum
06-04-2008, 05:03 PM
yes, it sure is a players racqueta

JMS
06-04-2008, 05:10 PM
I consider the 98 version too light to be thought of as a player's racquet.

feyya
06-04-2008, 05:12 PM
I wouldn't worry about labels. The PD and the APD are considered tweener rackets, but try telling that to Roddick/Nadal, lol.
lol, they'd be like who cares tell that to my stack of millions.

D. Nelson
06-04-2008, 05:22 PM
...the rule is : if I'm BUYING one....it's a garbage tweener (so I can get a better price!!) --- if I'm SELLING one.....it's.... The Grail from God ...!!!! That applies to ANY racquet...... :) !!!!!

Djokovicfan4life
06-04-2008, 05:37 PM
What the hell does JW mean (for idiots like me)? :)

feyya
06-04-2008, 06:28 PM
What the hell does JW mean (for idiots like me)? :)
lol, i'm just to lazy to say just wondering

feyya
06-05-2008, 01:09 PM
bump bump bump

tennis_guy
06-05-2008, 01:25 PM

But their's is closer to 12 oz with 350+ swingweight

HeadPrestige
06-05-2008, 01:30 PM
no it is not a palyers racket... and you are not a tennis player since you use it. :rolleyes: ... who the hell cares?

Racquet Man
06-07-2008, 04:05 PM
The stock K Blade 98 is indeed considered a players racquet! That does not mean that "players" actually use it in that set up.

My K-Blade 98 was customized to increase the weight to 342g, and is now 12pt head light (unstrung).The racquet is strung with Technhifibre x-1 Biphase 18 guage at 50lbs.

In case anyone is interested, this stick use to play like really nice Japanese sporty car before the customization. With the customization, I now have a very nice italian sports car to play around with!!!!:)...take your pick (Ferrai or Lamborgini or Masserati). I'm loving it!

I believe that set up I now have on this racquet is fairly typical of the set up that players use!!

pow
06-07-2008, 04:19 PM
It's not a player's racquet but that's just a category name.

It's too light and the head is too big for the category.

nickb
06-07-2008, 04:20 PM
The head is too big? 98?

fortunecookiesjc
06-07-2008, 04:29 PM
thats funny i was looking through the categories racquet on TT and the Kneissl Red star was under that " category" and it was 11.2 oz and head size 98

bertrevert
06-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Too big? From who's or what perspective? Those whose game is based around smaller MIDs and think themselves superior, hah, racquet snob. Or too big compared to the other category in the comparison "player's racquets". Well player's racquets are not Pro's racquets because guess what Pro's use everything under the sun. But you know that. Then what is this players category consist of - specs that are somehow "difficult" for the average player, Listen a 98 isn't that much bigger to look at than a 90, 93, 95. It aint head size alone that marks out players from tweeners, categorise which are notoriously vague. (I'd put it in tweener territory if you wantme to rollthe dice - in consideration of all its specs!)

rooski
06-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Maybe they should change the label from "players" to "control" sticks. People always get so hung up on the "players" label. To me a control stick is > 11 oz., thin beam < 22mm, with a 98 or less headsize, and low in power.

I personally haven't hit the kBlade but I don't know how else you could classify it's older brother, the nBlade, but as a true control racket. ~335 SW and VERY low in power...but with amazing control. I'm pretty sure the kBlade is very, very similar.

barry
07-11-2008, 03:29 AM
According to John Mac statement on NBC, the new player rackets are lighter and more powerful. He said in the old days, it was heavy head light rackets, but today’s frames are lighter, stiffer, and more head heavy, providing a much more powerful ball.

I would say the Kblade 98 is a player’s racket, and many of the up and coming players are using lighter frames.

bertrevert
07-11-2008, 04:58 AM
This back to life? Good, and good JMc quote.

I'd trust his voice among the many you hear every day: as sharp as sensible.

If that's his take on the history and progress of the player frame, then we ought to not shoot the messenger. Considering his assessment then frames like the KB98 certainly fit the bill.

This 98 manages a great spin/control balance, doesn't add too much to get in the way of want you want to do, adds a little pop where you need it.

fridrix
07-11-2008, 05:58 AM
Are these the lime green racquets? I hit with them once... Lots of pop. Yet fairly controllable. Very tempting. - I'm usually a heavy dead stick user.

bertrevert
07-11-2008, 06:05 AM
No, KBlade is black/gold.

NPro I think was the lime green. Lopez I think used.

"Heavy dead" heh heh, puts real meaning into "clubbing the ball"... cheers

stician
07-11-2008, 06:55 AM
As stated in title.

I think all things aside, I noticed the KBlade 98 generates more power than KBlade Tour and K90 and has less feel than both. It does have a larger sweet spot so I would not characterize it as a players racquet. But plenty of "players" have chosen to weld tweener frames... so at the end of the day it comes down to what your preference is.

feyya
07-11-2008, 10:09 AM
no it is not a palyers racket... and you are not a tennis player since you use it. :rolleyes: ... who the hell cares?

Uh, i do. Thats why i asked the question. Can't we just cut this stupid response sh1t out for a little bit?

StunLock
07-11-2008, 10:40 AM
No it's not, at least TW doesnt think so. =D

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/catthumbs.html?CREF=160