PDA

View Full Version : need bigger grip, but without shrink sleeve

goran_the_2nd
06-04-2008, 01:44 PM
is there any possible way?
and no, 2 overgrips or some similar method isn't welcomed also :)

tnx in advance..

SFrazeur
06-04-2008, 01:48 PM
is there any possible way?
and no, 2 overgrips or some similar method isn't welcomed also :)

tnx in advance..

Okay, so you want to avoid adding much weight and a balance change and also want to avoid lessening the bevel feel--as I take your comments to mean. You can try base going for a thicker base grip, if there is one, and wrapping your one overgrip with more overlap. Other than getting a racquet in the desired grip size I cannot offer any further advice.

-SF

meowmix
06-04-2008, 02:10 PM
You could use some balsa wood. It's light and it'll build up grip size. Problem is, you have to be very good with woodwork.

Abriano
06-05-2008, 04:35 AM
try 2-3 layers of duct tape

In D Zone
06-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Try using What a Grip:
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACUNIQUE-CWAG.html

Octavianus
06-09-2008, 04:01 PM
I have used a few layers of electrical tape and it works really well for me. Hope it works for you.

Steve Huff
06-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Some companies (Head and Volkl I think) offer grip pallets that you can order from any authorized dealer. Other than that, you can send your racket to a place that custom molds your handle--RPNY or New Tech Tennis come to mind--and get them remolded.

Fedace
06-09-2008, 05:03 PM
Some companies (Head and Volkl I think) offer grip pallets that you can order from any authorized dealer. Other than that, you can send your racket to a place that custom molds your handle--RPNY or New Tech Tennis come to mind--and get them remolded.

Does New tech tennis still do this ?? I thought they stopped doing costom molds of the handle. ????:confused:

superstition
06-09-2008, 06:56 PM
I'm very interested in this because I have found some very rare racquets that I want to use but also require a solid grip that's not too rounded from many layers of overgrip/heat shrink.

Fedace
06-09-2008, 07:29 PM
I'm very interested in this because I have found some very rare racquets that I want to use but also require a solid grip that's not too rounded from many layers of overgrip/heat shrink.

so why don't you go to the RPNY thread and read

Steve Huff
06-09-2008, 07:32 PM
Not sure if they do or not. Its just one of the places I'd try. If not, they'd probably give you the name of who does.

superstition
06-10-2008, 04:55 PM
so why don't you go to the RPNY thread and read
How about telling me what RPNY stands for and then perhaps I'll find the link.