PDA

View Full Version : Stiffness

Harry24
06-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Is there any way to decrease or increase the stiffness of a frame?

SFrazeur
06-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Nope.

Actually you could be make a racquet slightly more flexible by stripping the paint. However, for all purposes of reality no.

-SF

TW Staff
06-04-2008, 03:03 PM
What are you trying to achieve, more power?

If so you can add weight, lower string tension, switch to natural gut etc.

Chris, TW.

Harry24
06-04-2008, 07:10 PM
What are you trying to achieve, more power?

If so you can add weight, lower string tension, switch to natural gut etc.

Chris, TW.
I actually want less power(I have a pure drive cortex) I love the racquet it just sometimes can give me to much power when I dont need it....what would I do for that?

meowmix
06-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Change your strings. Adding lead won't do you much good, since it'll actually INCREASE the power slighly. What strings are you using now?

Harry24
06-05-2008, 09:26 AM
Change your strings. Adding lead won't do you much good, since it'll actually INCREASE the power slighly. What strings are you using now?
babolat Pro Hurricane Tour

Nuke
06-05-2008, 09:30 AM
Get out your Dremel tool and make your own "flex-points"?

TW Staff
06-05-2008, 10:56 AM
Harry24,
You are already using a low powered, control oriented string.

You can up the tension slightly for more control. I would try going up 2lbs as a start.

Another thing you can do is to learn to hold back on your strokes by shortening you backswing -- especially when you close inside the baseline. Then you will have lots of power still in reserve for when you need it.

Another option would be to hit with more spin to help the ball drop within the lines.

Chris, TW

Harry24
06-05-2008, 02:01 PM
Harry24,
You are already using a low powered, control oriented string.

You can up the tension slightly for more control. I would try going up 2lbs as a start.

Another thing you can do is to learn to hold back on your strokes by shortening you backswing -- especially when you close inside the baseline. Then you will have lots of power still in reserve for when you need it.

Another option would be to hit with more spin to help the ball drop within the lines.

Chris, TW

ok well i will try to adjust cause its not that big of a problem because i just love that racquet, but thanks