PDA

View Full Version : Fed will win the FO this year

tennis_hand
06-04-2008, 10:43 PM
not because he will beat Nadal this year, but because he won't meet Nadal this year.

Djokovic will beat Nadal in the semi in a dog fight that will make Djokovic physically fatigued and will be beaten in the final by Federer. Then federer lifts up the FO crown.

and Djokovic becomes the new No 2.

Nadal_Freak
06-04-2008, 10:44 PM
And than you woke up. ;)

ktownva
06-04-2008, 10:46 PM
Your crystal ball needs some Windex.

joeri888
06-04-2008, 10:49 PM
For me it wouldn't be that bad if Rafa wins the trophy again. It would start to be REALLY painful if Roger was to meet Novak and than lost.

anyway, Rafa will beat Djokovic

bagung
06-04-2008, 11:17 PM
Rafa will beat both djokovic and federer .....

cueboyzn
06-04-2008, 11:21 PM
Lol. Roger losing to Motormouthovic. Cant imagine anything worse. Imagine what his Mother/Family would say if that happened.

I think the prospect of that alone would put some firecracker up Fed's butt if he were to meet Mr. I-Love-Myselfovic in the final ;)

princess bossass
06-04-2008, 11:23 PM
If it's a Djokovic/Federer final and Fed loses, I might have to drink myself into a stupor Sunday night.

smO
06-05-2008, 01:48 AM
Rafa will crush Djoker 6-2 6-3 6-0 and after that he will lose the final to Federer 5-7 6-0 6-0 6-0

Magix
06-05-2008, 01:56 AM
And than you woke up. ;)
And changed hands.

Hey, somebody had to say it.

I REALLY hope Roger does win it this year. Just 1 French Open... Is it too much to ask?

Ultra2HolyGrail
06-05-2008, 02:01 AM
Fed has the best chance imo. He will be playing for goat and will try to win this like he never has before, but he can't exchange long rally's with nadal, he needs to try to dominate him like he's done before and try to end point's quickly.

Rhino
06-05-2008, 02:08 AM
At last a thread that makes sense.

jman
06-05-2008, 02:14 AM
Has anyone noticed that all of Federer's matches at the French have been played in cool damp conditions so far. While Nadal has played both in dry and damp conditions.
If it's a Federer/Nadal final, and conditions are hot and dry, I believe Federer will lose. Hopefully his Semi Final against Monfils will be in hot and dry conditions, to let him adjust accordingly before the final, if he makes it.

However, if it's Djokovic in the final, I don't think it matters what the conditions are, because he doesn't hit with as much topspin as Nadal.

Rhino
06-05-2008, 02:21 AM
I know people like to go on about the conditions, but I don't believe they will play a significant role here.
It's going to be all about whether Federer is having a great day with his serve and his A-game, plays the big points well, and if he establishes a lead in a set and maintains it; and whether perhaps Nadal is having an off day - which can happen - or if Djoko manages to take him to 5 hours tomorrow.
I don't think it's as clear cut as people are saying though. Federer has had more preparation (and clay court wins) this year than ever before, he has a new coach and is playing some sick tennis.
Nadal has had it easy so far, none of his opponents has had any belief (check Almagro's pre-match interview, the guy had already lost before he went out on court).
Djokovic and Federer will be another level, I can't wait.

fednad
06-05-2008, 02:25 AM
I know people like to go on about the conditions, but I don't believe they will play a significant role here.
It's going to be all about whether Federer is having a great day with his serve and his A-game, plays the big points well, and if he establishes a lead in a set and maintains it; and whether perhaps Nadal is having an off day - which can happen - or if Djoko manages to take him to 5 hours tomorrow.
I don't think it's as clear cut as people are saying though. Federer has had more preparation (and clay court wins) this year than ever before, he has a new coach and is playing some sick tennis.
Nadal has had it easy so far, none of his opponents has had any belief (check Almagro's pre-match interview, the guy had already lost before he went out on court).
Djokovic and Federer will be another level, I can't wait.

No Rhino, he did not lose it. Actually, he just came there to celebrate Rafa's birthday. He is a good fellow. He is unnecessarily being flamed for his attitude.

msc886
06-05-2008, 03:18 AM
Federer has a good shot but I think Nadal will pull through with this one assuming they both make it to the finals.

kelz
06-05-2008, 03:27 AM
Rafa will crush Djoker 6-2 6-3 6-0 and after that he will lose the final to Federer 5-7 6-0 6-0 6-0

and smO becomes a prophet...:twisted:

veroniquem
06-05-2008, 03:31 AM
If it's a Djokovic/Federer final and Fed loses, I might have to drink myself into a stupor Sunday night.
Don't worry, there's no way Fed will lose on clay against Djoko but thinking about it there's not much way Rafa will lose against him either!

veroniquem
06-05-2008, 03:32 AM
and smO becomes a prophet...:twisted:
And smO becomes a fool...

zagor
06-05-2008, 03:39 AM
And smO becomes a fool...

So it's forbidden to offer your opinion and predict that Federer or Djokovic will beat Nadal and win the FO? Didn't know it is censored to suggest that player other then Nadal will win this FO.I assure you that Nadal's matches against both Djokovic and Federer(if Fed beats Monfils which many people hope won't happen but I personally think Fed will cruise)will be much tougher then against Nadal's Spanish buddy who went on court to celebrate Rafa's birthday.

bhallic24
06-05-2008, 03:55 AM
Nah I think Federer beats NAdal in the finals this year to take it. He's changing for GOATness and this is the last prize, he's determined to win baby! I think Nadal takes out DJoker in 4 sets

6-4 4-6 6-3 6-2.

veroniquem
06-05-2008, 03:55 AM
Fed has the best chance imo. He will be playing for goat and will try to win this like he never has before, but he can't exchange long rally's with nadal, he needs to try to dominate him like he's done before and try to end point's quickly.
Same thing as last year, and the year before, and the year before... According to this board he should have won several times already. "Should have" and "would have" don't win matches.

veroniquem
06-05-2008, 04:04 AM
So it's forbidden to offer your opinion and predict that Federer or Djokovic will beat Nadal and win the FO? Didn't know it is censored to suggest that player other then Nadal will win this FO.I assure you that Nadal's matches against both Djokovic and Federer(if Fed beats Monfils which many people hope won't happen but I personally think Fed will cruise)will be much tougher then against Nadal's Spanish buddy who went on court to celebrate Rafa's birthday.
I have no idea what you're talking about. Almost nobody predicted that Monfils would beat Fed (look at the poll in pro match results) and most people agree that Nadal's last 2 matches will be his toughest ones by far including Nadal himself (where does the paranoia come from here?). This being said Nadal is still the overwhelming favorite to win, I didn't make the odds, they are what they are and there's nothing devilish in teasing people a little for their wishful thinking.

flyer
06-05-2008, 01:18 PM
not because he will beat Nadal this year, but because he won't meet Nadal this year.

Djokovic will beat Nadal in the semi in a dog fight that will make Djokovic physically fatigued and will be beaten in the final by Federer. Then federer lifts up the FO crown.

and Djokovic becomes the new No 2.

Yeah I bet you had Federer winning the FO the last three years so your comments are irrelevant