PDA

View Full Version : Game set and mats

Iced_jacob
06-05-2008, 08:34 AM
I just watched game set and mats on Eurosport and Wilander just called Federer the best returner of the game and he is also sure that he will win RG. How can possibly someone be sure that he can win RG with Nadal in there? An ex0pro should be thinking more I think before making predictions...

daddy
06-05-2008, 08:36 AM
Aparently you do not follow wilander a lot. You can place your bets by betting against whoever he chooses ( Jankovic and Federer for this year are just an example ) and live a decent life out of it. Btw he said he would like to see Federer win it so he will pick him.

Hope this puts the things into correct perspective for others.

PimpMyGame
06-05-2008, 08:36 AM
Brad Gilbert is also making wild predictions. It's good business for the channels that air the interviews, because it's provocative and gets people talking. See, we've both just indulged in some free advertising for Eurosport!

daddy
06-05-2008, 08:39 AM
Brad Gilbert is also making wild predictions. It's good business for the channels that air the interviews, because it's provocative and gets people talking. See, we've both just indulged in some free advertising for Eurosport!

Bravo ! Good point.

smO
06-05-2008, 08:41 AM
He also said that Djokovic is the best aggressive returner.

CyBorg
06-05-2008, 08:57 AM
Boy, everyone is the best. I think that's cool.

Gemini
06-05-2008, 09:06 AM
Wilander's straddling the fence or maybe I should say playing both sides of the court in this case. He probably doesn't want to upset anyone should he need a temp. coaching gig and one of these players comes calling. I do agree and think this year is Federer's year to take the title.

zagor
06-05-2008, 10:48 AM
This one I watched and he didn't say Federer will win,he said Federer is his favourite player,the best player ever in his opinion(along with Borg)and that he hopes Federer can win it.He also said Djokovic is the best returner on tour,not Federer(he said Djokovic can punish second serve similar to Agassi).Hoping someone to win and saying that person WILL win are two different matters.

cueboyzn
06-05-2008, 11:50 AM
He also said that Djokovic is the best aggressive returner.

Yes he is the best aggressive returner..

He is the best at aggressively returning to the locker room after retiring due to being in hopeless losing positions to his biggest rivals.

Interesting Mats had nothing to say about ball shrinkage this time.

gj011
06-05-2008, 11:54 AM

He is the best at aggressively returning to the locker room after retiring due to being in hopeless losing positions to his biggest rivals.

You had to do it again. Didn't you.

veroniquem
06-05-2008, 12:04 PM

I don't know if that's fair but it's really funny!

cueboyzn
06-05-2008, 12:18 PM
Well Mats at least had the decency to apologise to Roger for the "no balls" comments two years ago. This shows Mats has some balls to be able to do that.

forzainter
06-05-2008, 12:21 PM
I just watched game set and mats on Eurosport and Wilander just called Federer the best returner of the game and he is also sure that he will win RG. How can possibly someone be sure that he can win RG with Nadal in there? An ex0pro should be thinking more I think before making predictions...

Thats strange, the other day he said he didnt think Federer could beat Nadal or djokovic on the clay just now

luckyboy1300
06-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Well Mats at least had the decency to apologise to Roger for the "no balls" comments two years ago. This shows Mats has some balls to be able to do that.

well, you can see it's true, isn't it? unless he can overcome it, mat's statement holds true.

Dilettante
06-05-2008, 12:39 PM
I don't know if that's fair but it's really funny!

Yes, that was bit of trolling but funny.

nickb
06-05-2008, 01:04 PM
Game, set and mats makes me laugh. Mats just talks complete crap for 10 minutes while the other guy just hangs on his every word trying to agree and act like he knows about tennis. Then Mats takes the camera and gives his tip of the day like "dont lose when you are 2 sets up" LOL

cueboyzn
06-05-2008, 01:08 PM
It doesnt matter if what Mats said is true or not true or half true or whatever. There are ways to say things and not to say things. It called Tact. Wilander just showed he had a bad lapse of judgement when he said that. I saw the interview where he apologised to Roger. and he acted rather embarrassed/sheepish with Roger. This just shows he knew he was not very tactful or classy saying to the press that a 7 or 8 time Slam champion (at the time) had got no balls. The beauty of the english language is one can say the same thing in different ways and there are a few ways Mats could have got his feelings across in a manner fitting a gentleman and past champion of the game without being vulgar or offensive.

forzainter
06-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Game, set and mats makes me laugh. Mats just talks complete crap for 10 minutes while the other guy just hands on his every word trying to agree and act like he knows about tennis. Then Mats takes the camera and gives his tip of the day like "dont lose when you are 2 sets up" LOL

The show doesnt seem very well organised I think, the other day the guy stared into the camera for a minute and then looked around and said 'are we on?'

I enjoyed todays tip of the day 'Ivanovic and Safina are very big girls, but dont let that put you off playing tennis, all you younger girls, you dont have to be that big to play'

nickb
06-05-2008, 01:49 PM
The show doesnt seem very well organised I think, the other day the guy stared into the camera for a minute and then looked around and said 'are we on?'

I enjoyed todays tip of the day 'Ivanovic and Safina are very big girls, but dont let that put you off playing tennis, all you younger girls, you dont have to be that big to play'

LOL...I missed it tonight...I think the budget is about 5 a show.