PDA

View Full Version : Customizing a Handle/Grip

bronco_mba
06-05-2008, 10:39 AM
I'm trying to gather some ideas on how to customize the handle on my RDS001 MP.

I hit with a Wilson KBlade 98 and really liked the feel of the end of the handle. It had a nice flange at the end of the handle (butt cap) that allowed me to really feel the end of the grip. Switching from my SW FH to 2HBH was a breeze. I even felt like I had greater control of my shots with the improved feel of the grip.

I would like to duplicate the feel of the KBlade 98 handle on my 3 RDS001 MPs. The RDS001 MP grip doesn't have that same flange featured on the KBlade. Other than the grip, I absolutely love the RDS001 MP, so simply switching frames is not in order.

Thus far I have tried applying wrapping electric tape to the end of the RDS001 grip. The effect is somewhat like the end of a hockey stick -the grip suddenly gets thicker at the end without a nice, comfortable flange. Also, the electric tape has made the racquet substantially more headlight, uncomfortably changing the balance.

Short of sending the frames in for an expensive handle customization, does anyone have any tips on how to recreate the KBlade 98 grip on the RDS001?

Thanks in advance for your helpful suggestions.

SLow
06-05-2008, 10:58 AM
If it is just the butt cap that you like, you could always try and swap them.

Abriano
06-05-2008, 06:22 PM
wrap some coach tape on your ring finger