PDA

View Full Version : Why was Djokovic's dad cheering so hard for Jankovic?

flyer
06-05-2008, 12:03 PM
During a crucial moment in the match Novaks dad was clearly visible out of his seat cheering for Jankovic over Ivanovic, does anybody know why this is besides that they are both Serbian, because it was my understanding that Novak was better friends with Ana and that they had known each other since childhood...? So any answers for me?

gj011
06-05-2008, 12:12 PM
I was surprised about that as well.

Nole_Destroyer
06-05-2008, 12:12 PM
During a crucial moment in the match Novaks dad was clearly visible out of his seat cheering for Jankovic over Ivanovic, does anybody know why this is besides that they are both Serbian, because it was my understanding that Novak was better friends with Ana and that they had known each other since childhood...? So any answers for me?

I watched all match and didn't see his dad,you are wrong man,there wasn't Novak's father for sure.

flyer
06-05-2008, 12:15 PM
^^^No I watched the whole match as well and his dad was def there, in fact he had to be told to be seated he was cheering so hard, the commentators even said that that was Nole's dad cheering for Jankovic...

gj011
06-05-2008, 12:16 PM
^^^No I watched the whole match as well and his dad was def there, in fact he had to be told to be seated he was cheering so hard, the commentators even said that that was Nole's dad cheering for Jankovic...

Flyer is right. Novak's dad was cheering for Jelena. I don't know why though.

Vision84
06-05-2008, 12:17 PM
I watched all match and didn't see his dad,you are wrong man,there wasn't Novak's father for sure.

He is right. ESPN commented on it and how he has to be told to get back into his seat.

Alexio92
06-05-2008, 12:41 PM

Djokovic's dad is different than Djokovic

veroniquem
06-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Flyer is right. Novak's dad was cheering for Jelena. I don't know why though.
Maybe Djoko and Jelena are engaged :shock:

veroniquem
06-05-2008, 12:45 PM
He is right. ESPN commented on it and how he has to be told to get back into his seat.
I can't believe he behaves like a freak even when somebody else is playing. Maybe Jelena is his secret daughter...

deme08
06-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Maybe Djoko and Jelena are engaged :shock:

Maybe he is hooking up with Jelena himself?

Moose Malloy
06-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Novak & Jankovic played together at Hopman Cup

nn
06-05-2008, 12:48 PM

that was cheap shot

HappyAndFriendlyAlways
06-05-2008, 12:48 PM

Its possible his dad was just excited about 2 female Serbs, playing incredible points, having a great match, and 1 will be in the finals. Give him the benefit of the doubt that he was happy for both and Serbs in general.

deme08
06-05-2008, 12:49 PM

Or maybe because Ana travelled on the private plane with Nadal and for some reason Djokovic's dad was unhappy about that? or maybe I'm just thinking too much...

deme08
06-05-2008, 12:50 PM
that was cheap shot

ok I shouldn't have used the word "hooking" but I just don't see Djokovic with Jelena.

Iced_jacob
06-05-2008, 12:50 PM
If my best friend played a match with another girl from my country my dad would support my best friend ;)

flyer
06-05-2008, 12:57 PM
haha i don't think anybody truly knows so far but im enjoying the theories!!!

veroniquem
06-05-2008, 01:01 PM
Or maybe because Ana travelled on the private plane with Nadal and for some reason Djokovic's dad was unhappy about that? or maybe I'm just thinking too much...
That would make sense. Since Ana accepted Nadal's invitation, the Djokovics have turned against her and vowed to never talk to her again and cheer like mad on all her opponents. For retaliation, Ana will attend the semi tomorrow and cheer on Rafa as loudly as she can.

babbette
06-05-2008, 01:04 PM

i was thinking along those lines. And Rafa and Ana seemed quite chummy in the draw ceremony clips aswell, when they were in a car, lol

flyer
06-05-2008, 01:04 PM
That would make sense. Since Ana accepted Nadal's invitation, the Djokovics have turned against her and vowed to never talk to her again and cheer like mad on all her opponents. For retaliation, Ana will attend the semi tomorrow and cheer on Rafa as loudly as she can.

now that would really be something to see

Mansewerz
06-05-2008, 02:07 PM

It would be better if it was Ana's mother, that way even more theories are possible!!!!!!

(It's like you see Djoker's dad cheering for Rafa ROFL)

veroniquem
06-05-2008, 02:24 PM
At the end of the match, Rafa will jump into the stands to hug Ana and thank her for her support (that led him to one of his most spectacular victories). Then both Djoko's mom and dad will go nuts and will have to be dragged out of the place by all the available bodyguards while Djoker will be sobbing on his chair.

moonbat
06-05-2008, 02:29 PM
At the end of the match, Rafa will jump into the stands to hug Ana and thank her for her support (that led him to one of his most spectacular victories). Then both Djoko's mom and dad will go nuts and will have to be dragged out of the place by all the available bodyguards while Djoker will be sobbing on his chair.

That's a great scenario! If you don't already write for the soaps, you should start.;)

flyer
06-05-2008, 04:04 PM
i was thinking along those lines. And Rafa and Ana seemed quite chummy in the draw ceremony clips aswell, when they were in a car, lol

where did you see these clips?

also another question: who is ana actually cheering for? i gotta believe its the djoker since she has known him for far longer

Shangri La
06-05-2008, 04:12 PM
probably Djoko tried to ask Ana out for dinner or something but got rejected, and then Ana flew with Nadal...

veroniquem
06-05-2008, 04:35 PM
That's a great scenario! If you don't already write for the soaps, you should start.;)
Thanks, I'm gonna think about it!

sillymonkey
06-05-2008, 04:43 PM

to answer your query: he's a lunatic.

sillymonkey
06-05-2008, 04:44 PM
I can't believe he behaves like a freak even when somebody else is playing. Maybe Jelena is his secret daughter...

maybe he bit her on the neck...

flyer
06-05-2008, 04:44 PM
to answer your query: he's a lunatic.

hahaha LMAO!!!! Best answer yet, so simple yet so true and suddenly it all makes sense

superstition
06-05-2008, 04:47 PM
I think the pressure from her section caused her to lose the match.

daddy
06-05-2008, 04:51 PM
NEWSFLASH.

Djokovic's father was not the guy. I know he looks the same but that was just Jelena's coach who resembles Novak's father. Novak and Jelena are good friends, but Novak and Ana are childhood friends and Srdjan would have not done this even if he was present, and he was not. Make sure you read this one, because I have no intention of posting this over and over, period.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/photo?slug=d7ab1135ecb5bd200f2a817bd1c5d31f-getty-tennis-fra-open-roland-garros&prov=getty

Pic is from one of her previous matches. google more if you're interested in, this is the guy who is with her all the time.

SempreSami
06-05-2008, 05:06 PM
I thought it odd that Novak's dad would be decked out in Reebok gear. Some people are just scraping the barrel for h8 it seems.

veroniquem
06-05-2008, 05:10 PM
I think the pressure from her section caused her to lose the match.
How can you win a match with papa Djoko gesticulating and howling in the background?

veroniquem
06-05-2008, 05:11 PM
NEWSFLASH.

Djokovic's father was not the guy. I know he looks the same but that was just Jelena's coach who resembles Novak's father. Novak and Jelena are good friends, but Novak and Ana are childhood friends and Srdjan would have not done this even if he was present, and he was not. Make sure you read this one, because I have no intention of posting this over and over, period.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/photo?slug=d7ab1135ecb5bd200f2a817bd1c5d31f-getty-tennis-fra-open-roland-garros&prov=getty

Pic is from one of her previous matches. google more if you're interested in, this is the guy who is with her all the time.
Oh well, it made for a fun thread anyway.

daddy
06-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Oh well, it made for a fun thread anyway.

That much maybe. Anyways I had a pleasure of sitting in a coffee shop with him, aparrently he told my friend how to swipe the clay courts properly and not as we all do it, reffering to the way it's done at RG. Then I found out they use the same methods as we do here. Inventing hot water did not work for him this time, maybe he'll be more succesfull. He is as big arse as people think he is.

dr325i
06-05-2008, 06:10 PM
NEWSFLASH.

So, I guess the naive guy that called him a lunatic should re-evaluate himself before offending others?

daddy
06-05-2008, 06:35 PM
So, I guess the naive guy that called him a lunatic should re-evaluate himself before offending others?

People make mistakes, though a bit too often on these boards. He was not there, does not mean he's not a headcase.

flyer
06-05-2008, 07:51 PM
NEWSFLASH.

thanks for the contribution daddy but Im not talking about her coach, it was not him who i am talking about i know what her coach looks like and it was def Novak's dad as the comentators said, so the question still lingers...

SempreSami
06-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Perhaps the commentators are as misinformed as you, I saw highlights and the mentalist in the stands was most likely her coach.

flyer
06-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Perhaps the commentators are as misinformed as you, I saw highlights and the mentalist in the stands was most likely her coach.

it was not her coach was there but novaks dad was dressed differently and not wearing a hat, im sure it was novaks dad because i know what he looks like and i know what her coach looks like and it was deffinatly novaks dad, they repeatedly showd her coach so they know what he looks like too...

it was def his dad that not my question, my question is does anyone know why he was cheering for jankovic, my only thought is that perhaps he was actually cheering for ivanovic but somehow it apeared he was cheering for jankovic and that was what the commentators and viewers misunderstood, it was def mr djokovic though

NamRanger
06-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Note : This is just for fun

Djokovic's Dad on Jerry Springer

Jerry Springer : Mr. Djokovic, you were seen at the French Open cheering for Jelena Jankovic. Your son is a childhood friend of Ana Ivanovic, why not cheer for her?

Djokovic's Dad : Well Jerry, you see, my son has a bit of a crush on Ana you know. Both him and her are great friends, but she doesn't see him the same way. I don't like her very much anyways, she is always around that raging bull friend of hers.

Jerry Springer : You mean Rafael Nadal, *in spanish accent* the "Raging Bull" of Mallorca!

Djokovic's Dad : *Shakes head* Yes, that guy. He's very despicable no? Already has a girlfriend and is now talking up another one!

Jerry Springer : Well Mr. Djokovic, I believe Nadal was just giving Ana a ride in his plane. Nothing more, nothing less.

Djokovic's Dad : No! That is not right! My son is the new King of the Tennis World! ARGH! She should be with him! Not that crazy Spaniard! Why?!

Jerry Springer : Uh, let's bring out Ana Ivanovic to explain what is really going on.

*Ana comes in*

Ana : Rafael is a great person Mr. Djokovic... plus... he has these *speaks seductively* guns *winks*. He's a nice guy too! We're just friends anyways.

*Novak comes in and gets on his knees*

Novak : Why Ana?! Why did you leave me?!

Ana : Because you don't last long enough! No stamina! And of course, Nadal *in seductive tone* never quits *winks to Nadal in the crowd*.

Crowd : Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

*Nadal suddenly jumps onto the stage and flexes*

Nadal : VAMOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SempreSami
06-05-2008, 08:12 PM
People seem to forget that Nole has a girlfriend too.

NamRanger
06-05-2008, 08:13 PM
People seem to forget that Nole has a girlfriend too.

We're just kidding. It's not like we're actually serious :twisted:

BOZO
06-05-2008, 10:03 PM
I think mine is right!!! Ana used to practice In Basel and favor Federer more than Nole.

BkK_b0y14
06-05-2008, 10:32 PM
Note : This is just for fun

Djokovic's Dad on Jerry Springer

Jerry Springer : Mr. Djokovic, you were seen at the French Open cheering for Jelena Jankovic. Your son is a childhood friend of Ana Ivanovic, why not cheer for her?

Djokovic's Dad : Well Jerry, you see, my son has a bit of a crush on Ana you know. Both him and her are great friends, but she doesn't see him the same way. I don't like her very much anyways, she is always around that raging bull friend of hers.

Jerry Springer : You mean Rafael Nadal, *in spanish accent* the "Raging Bull" of Mallorca!

Djokovic's Dad : *Shakes head* Yes, that guy. He's very despicable no? Already has a girlfriend and is now talking up another one!

Jerry Springer : Well Mr. Djokovic, I believe Nadal was just giving Ana a ride in his plane. Nothing more, nothing less.

Djokovic's Dad : No! That is not right! My son is the new King of the Tennis World! ARGH! She should be with him! Not that crazy Spaniard! Why?!

Jerry Springer : Uh, let's bring out Ana Ivanovic to explain what is really going on.

*Ana comes in*

Ana : Rafael is a great person Mr. Djokovic... plus... he has these *speaks seductively* guns *winks*. He's a nice guy too! We're just friends anyways.

*Novak comes in and gets on his knees*

Novak : Why Ana?! Why did you leave me?!

Ana : Because you don't last long enough! No stamina! And of course, Nadal *in seductive tone* never quits *winks to Nadal in the crowd*.

Crowd : Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

*Nadal suddenly jumps onto the stage and flexes*

Nadal : VAMOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol: definitely deserves a sticky

SempreSami
06-05-2008, 11:17 PM
:lol::lol::lol: definitely deserves a sticky

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS

lovecr717
06-06-2008, 02:49 AM

The answer is simply as this , " Jelena is more adorable ".

Done.

Telepatic
06-06-2008, 02:57 AM
Maybe Djokovic dad likes Jelena`s style of play more and thats it ~~..

daddy
06-06-2008, 02:58 AM
thanks for the contribution daddy but Im not talking about her coach, it was not him who i am talking about i know what her coach looks like and it was def Novak's dad as the comentators said, so the question still lingers...

No question flyer, we all get the same feed of the same cameras from RG people so there was no her father there. Period.

Gorecki
06-06-2008, 03:18 AM
i have a theory about this too:

maybe he was cheering for Jelena that much because he is a miseducated person. since this is not the first time he misbehaves on the stands, i guess im right. untly Jmac says the other way...

dr325i
06-06-2008, 03:32 AM
i have a theory about this too:

maybe he was cheering for Jelena that much because he is a miseducated person. since this is not the first time he misbehaves on the stands, i guess im right. untly Jmac says the other way...

Where did you get your education from?
I just want to make sure my kids don't go there...

Gorecki
06-06-2008, 06:39 AM
Where did you get your education from?

I just want to make sure my kids don't go there...[/QUOTE]

E se te fosses foder meu grande filho da PUTA...

Queres me ensinar Português meu palerma? Merdosos deste americanos tem a mania que isto aqui é só yankies...

dr325i
06-06-2008, 06:43 AM

E se te fosses foder meu grande filho da PUTA...

Queres me ensinar Português meu palerma? Merdosos deste americanos tem a mania que isto aqui é só yankies...[/QUOTE]

Whatever man, Portugese is not on my plate...

Gorecki
06-06-2008, 06:46 AM
Whatever man, Portugese is not on my plate...

It is "Portuguese" you ignorant!

Not even in your own language....

flyer
06-06-2008, 06:48 AM
No question flyer, we all get the same feed of the same cameras from RG people so there was no her father there. Period.

they just said it again on nbc coverage, they said that djokovic's dad in addition to his coach were cheering wildly and told to be seated, it was definatly his dad, did you watch the whole match because it was def his dad, download it and rewatch it or something because he was definatly there

my question is do you know whyhe was cheering so wildly for jankovic, and its clear you don't so stop posting

daddy
06-06-2008, 08:18 AM
they just said it again on nbc coverage, they said that djokovic's dad in addition to his coach were cheering wildly and told to be seated, it was definatly his dad, did you watch the whole match because it was def his dad, download it and rewatch it or something because he was definatly there

my question is do you know whyhe was cheering so wildly for jankovic, and its clear you don't so stop posting

If he was there, he'd cheer for ana as they are so close, not Novak and Ana but their parents. I dont think any of the NBC guys knows more about this than me so Il rest my case here.

dr325i
06-06-2008, 02:53 PM
It is "Portuguese" you ignorant!

Not even in your own language....

English is not my mother tongue you...ah, not worth wasting words...

xpaulinabearx
06-06-2008, 03:04 PM
maybe he has a crush on her.
actually, nevermind.
that would be a miracle.

Rickson
06-06-2008, 05:03 PM
Why was Djokovic's dad cheering so hard for Jankovic?

Maybe Ana didn't give Djokovic Sr. the time of day so Sr. decided he'd root for Jelena in his jaded state.

flyer
06-06-2008, 05:55 PM
If he was there, he'd cheer for ana as they are so close, not Novak and Ana but their parents. I dont think any of the NBC guys knows more about this than me so Il rest my case here.

Well he was there and he seemed to be cheering for Jelena, perhaps it looked like he was cheering for Jelena when in fact he was cheering for Ana, which is my only explanation, however he was defiantly there and he was defiantly cheering for it seemed to be Jelena

And as for you knowing better than both the NBC and ESPN commentators they were all there in the stadium (which you were not) and all know exactly what Mr Djokovic looks like as they have seen him many many times before in person (which you prolly have not) so I'd have to trust them over you as well as my eyes and the other posters who saw him there

Rickson
06-06-2008, 05:58 PM
Well he was there and he seemed to be cheering for Jelena, perhaps it looked like he was cheering for Jelena when in fact he was cheering for Ana, which is my only explanation, however he was defiantly there and he was defiantly cheering for it seemed to be Jelena

But why would Sr. Djokovic be cheering defiantly? Was he angry about something?

Mansewerz
06-06-2008, 06:04 PM
NEWSFLASH.

You can barely see the guys face and the WTA site doesn't even give her coach's name.

moonbat
06-06-2008, 07:44 PM
Ma and Pa Djokovic were dressed very KGB for the semifinals; they looked like Natasha Fatale and Boris Badenov.

Robbie_1988
06-06-2008, 11:32 PM
Ma and Pa Djokovic were dressed very KGB for the semifinals; they looked like Natasha Fatale and Boris Badenov.

LOL! (10 CHAR)

Gorecki
06-07-2008, 05:54 AM
English is not my mother tongue you...ah, not worth wasting words...

Are you going to chicken? Let it out... i will love to see the mods on you!

daddy
06-07-2008, 05:59 AM
You can barely see the guys face and the WTA site doesn't even give her coach's name.

Off topic. His name is irelevant as is his face. He was the guy told to sit down and it was obvious because not only did the National TV commentatiors pointed out that he was told to sit down but because if you watch Jankovic's recent matches, you'll see this guy having quite a habit of standing longer than he's supposed to.

Ps the pic goes to the gear guy is wearing. T-shirt, brand etc.

flyer
06-07-2008, 05:59 AM
But why would Sr. Djokovic be cheering defiantly? Was he angry about something?

well i meant definitely as you well know but since we are being wise guys... defiantly because he was repeatedly told to go back to his seat and sit down while cheering: hence cheering defiantly...fair enough wise guy?

daddy
06-07-2008, 06:05 AM

And as for you knowing better than both the NBC and ESPN commentators they were all there in the stadium (which you were not) and all know exactly what Mr Djokovic looks like as they have seen him many many times before in person (which you prolly have not) so I'd have to trust them over you as well as my eyes and the other posters who saw him there

You're stubborn as they come. Does not change a thing .. Anyways I wonder how come no pictures or any other valid proof for the silly claims does not exist.

Ballbashing Grinder
06-20-2010, 06:04 PM
Well I know for a fact Ana was at Nole's birthday bash in Paris this year while Jelena was not!! :)
Of course Srdjan wasn't there nor cheering for Jelena, he is old schooltime buddies with Ana's dad on top of Nole/Ana's friendship since childhood.

P.S Don't kill me for the bump, what can I say I'm bored...