PDA

View Full Version : head microgel prestige mid lacks serve power

pwnxor
06-05-2008, 02:10 PM
The MG prestige mid lakcs power on the serve. I got my demo today and I tried it, everything else was fine but I didnt get the same pace on my serves.

I usually use the dunlop 300 milfil.

Will i need getting sued to the mid sized frame to get back to my fast serves?

Also which do you prefer the MG radical racquets or prestige

pwnxor
06-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Could the type of strings I have affect my pace of the serve?

If so which string should I use?
The prestige mid is a demo.

drakulie
06-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Those are two completely different frames. The strings will definitely have an effect on playability, but if you felt your serves lacked power, and your groundstrokes were fine>>> then you could rule-out the string.

Give it another go, and if you get the same results, then move on. You need to remember, if you are demoing frames completely different than what you are playing>>> there will be some getting used to that will not be overcome in a couple of hitting sessions.

Tennisman912
06-05-2008, 04:15 PM
The real difference is the prestige is much heavier and has a higher swingweight than what you are used too. Your racquet head speed is probably lower because of this. It is not the racquet that is hurting your serve. It will take some adjustment getting used to a heavier racquet, as well as one that is not as forgiving. If you have the game, you can hit the serve plenty hard with the prestige.

Good luck.

TM

pwnxor
06-05-2008, 05:08 PM
thanks tennisman and drakulie
They info helped me a lot.