PDA

View Full Version : Going from PS95 to Prestige Pro?

Solat
06-05-2008, 10:01 PM
i have never hit with another racquet that i like as much as my PS95s but due to the fact i am a HEAD sponsored coach i get free racquets each year. I have never opted for the presitge because of the 18/20 but now the pro exists! Is this my long awaited answer?

i had previously used the FXP Radical Tour to some success (GS in particular) but ended up resorting back to the wilsons coz my volleys were a tonne better and in the end i am a S&V player. I also found my kick serves not as good with the FXP as the PS

any thoughts appreciated folks :)

PS i use the extreme ATM for all coaching lessons and its perfect for that, great stick but head size too big for me when trying to play properly.

rockbox
06-05-2008, 10:09 PM
I switched recently and haven't really looked back. The prestige pro has similar control but it so much more forgiving and arm friendly and has a little more pop on my serves and volleys. However, I have found the prestige to be a little sensitive to string and tension. Full poly jobs at anything above 55 feel very stiff on the prestige.

Bhagi Katbamna
06-05-2008, 10:13 PM
I went from a PC 600 to a ps 95. Same thing as solat noted. Less power and spin on serve with the Head.

Solat
06-05-2008, 10:19 PM
I switched recently and haven't really looked back. The prestige pro has similar control but it so much more forgiving and arm friendly and has a little more pop on my serves and volleys. However, I have found the prestige to be a little sensitive to string and tension. Full poly jobs at anything above 55 feel very stiff on the prestige.

i string my ps with ultra tour/pps16 @ 62 or big banger instead of UT when i have it

kimbahpnam
06-05-2008, 10:40 PM
what grip size are your 95s? (just in case you decide to sell :))

ClubHoUno
06-06-2008, 01:42 AM

I agree with you :D

I have my two MG PP's strung with a full nat gut hybrid of VS 16 mains and VS 15L crosses - and it plays quite beautiful for me in the MG PP's I own.

rockbox
06-06-2008, 08:19 AM
i string my ps with ultra tour/pps16 @ 62 or big banger instead of UT when i have it

I really think it has do with the prestige being really light in the upper hoop. When I had mine strung with Big Ace above 55, it felt like a board in the upper hoop and I had to lead it up at 10, 2 and 12. I have since switched to Tonic in the mains and Big Ace in the crosses and behaves beautifully. You have to just play around with it.

Since you are getting them for free, I would try them out. If you don't like them, you can always sell them to me. ;-)

PS I used to string my PS 95 at 68 with NXT and 55 with Big Banger.

HeadPrestige
06-06-2008, 08:44 AM
COming off the 6.0 95... i hated the prestige pro. I think the string pattern played a little to open... and something about the racket just didnt click to me.

I much prefer the flexpoint prestige MP to the MGPP